Hfc ppi....***Refunded & settled***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm not feeling very confident at the moment about taking HFC to court for non compliance, for obvious reasons!

However, apart from the above FSA rules I have found a bit more info in the FSA handbook that might have some bearing on my PPI claim,

it was under Appendix 3 Handling PPI Complaints.

at App 3.2.7 it states:

'The firm should consider all of its sales of PPI contracts to the complainant in respect of re-financed loans that were rolled up into the loan covered by the PPI contract

that is the subject of the complaint. The firm should consider the cumulaitve financial impact on the complainant of any previous breaches or failings in those sales'.

I think this means that as far as my PPI claim goes that they will have to check every contract I've ever had with them for PPI!

Yet I'm not sure if I can use these FSA rules in Court to show why they have failed to fully comply with my SAR under the DPA?

Any advice or thoughts on the above FSA rules?

BP

Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, this is beyond my knowledge.. so have flagged your reported post for those who might :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes that is spot on. It doesn't help with the SAR non-compliance but as far as calculating redress goes then they must be able to show that they have taken this scenario into account.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks Ims,

I'm now of the opinion that as I don't really have a chance of winning in court,

that I should whilst I still can,

cancel my non compliance action!

If the FSA rules on PPI have to be adhered to by all affilated firms

then I reckon the above mentioned rules should have the same affect

as if HFC had supplied the data I was taking them to court for!

If you could take a look at my proposed letter and let me know what you think, I would appreciate it:

Address

Date

HFCBank Ltd

P.O.Box 5207

Coventry

CV39FB.

DearSir/Madam

YourRef: XXX1200

Account: xxxxx, yyyyy, zzzzzz

Under Financial Services Authority (FSA) rules you have 8 Weeks to resolve a PPI complaint, my complaint was made in May 2012.

It has become evident to me that you have failed to comply with the FSA’s rules as per Disp 1.6.1, Disp 1.6.2, Disp1.6.7 and Disp 1.6.8 and App 3.2.7

on your orginal assessment of my complaint.

If I do not have a full response from you within 7 days I shall make complaint to the FSA and the FOS regarding your tactics.

I look forward to your response.

YoursFaithfully

Bigphil61

Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

Yes...looks ok to me

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi All,

I posted the above letter on the 14th and they have yet to respond to it!

In the meanwhile they have come back to me after 16 weeks :x with a further offer! They are now admitting to three loans, two with PPI and one without PPI! They were only admitting to two loans in the beginning...lol

The first offer was for £50xx.xx and the second offer is for £52xx.xx?

They added a comment to this latest offer which was:

'I must advice that you have now exhausted HFC Bank's internal complaint handling procedures and no further correspondence will be entered into regarding this matter unless it is from the FOS. Any further letters recieved from you will be read and filed, but not responded to'.

I could do with some advice please on my next steps as when I worked out the redress figure, with the help of Ims, the figure was 6k more?

BP

I am sure ims or dx will be around later on to advise.

Very frustrating indeed :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All,

Today I received the AQ and the Court have informed me that HFC have filed their defence! I'm not sure that the admitance to having part of the missing data available to them for PPI redress purposes helps me with the court case? I have until the end of the month to get the AQ back to the Court.

BP

Hi All,

As above HFC have admitted to PPI being added to the first account and have provided a new second offer, they have stated that loan 2 had a rebate of £1212.10 which was not mentioned in their first offer:

Account 1:

Premiums paid from 1/6/04 to 1/9/04 = £34.55

plus interest @ 8% = £22.14

Account 2:

Premiums paid from 1/10/04 to 1/5/07 = £2036.31

plus interest @ 8% = £1066.04

Excess payments made from loan 1 = £43.28

plus interest @ 8% = £22.67

Account 3:

Excess payments from loan 2 = £1510.79

plus interest @ 8% = £547.10

The totals paid:

PPI Premiums = £2070.86

8% on Premiums = £1088.18

Excess payments = £1554.07

8% on Excess payments = £569.77

Total Redress = £5282.88

Can someone please take a look at the maths and let me know if their Redress figures are correct?

BP

did someone not already do an SOC then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx,

Yes we did a SOC and the figures are completely different, so I'm now thinking that I must have miscalculated some of the figures!

BP

Looking

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Looks to me like it is to do with PP rebates.

Did you ever get those rebate figures from them?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Ims,

They have only provided one rebate on loan 2, no other rebates have been mentioned.

BP

OK I can get to about the £5k mark.

On your calculations I think you need to look at the figures for loan 1 as theirs are much smaller than the ones you gave earlier in the thread.

I don't think we have been any concrete figures as to the loan amount and the PPI amount on that loan though.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Ims,

In light of the fact that I have no access to all the figures for Loan 1,

I'm going to accept the offer!

Thanks for looking into this for me and I will make a donation as soon as the money is in the bank!

One more question, if thats ok,

I have found that I had another three smaller loans with HFC,

I have no paperwork just the account refs, should I continue to use this thread or start a new one for that claim?

BP

I'd start a new thread as it is a separate claim.

When you get the money for this thread, let us know and we can change the thread title to reflect your success.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

HFC-Sol-Esc-Offer.pdf

Hi All,

Further developments today! I have received an offer from HFC's solicitors, they wish to resolve the issue and are prepared to pay my Court costs, as long as i don't take the case to court!

I have attached the letter to this post, any advice on how to play this?

BP

Hi All, I could really do with some guidance on this as I'm not used to Court and solicitors! My thoughts are to write back to the solicitors and ask them to confirm in writing that the data has been destroyed, giving date and time of destruction! BP

Hi All, I could really do with some guidance on this as I'm not used to Court and solicitors! My thoughts are to write back to the solicitors and ask them to confirm in writing that the data has been destroyed, giving date and time of destruction! BP

Hi BP, if you have read the following http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?208966-Me-and-Them-SAR-non-compliance-claim.-**SUCCESS**/page3&highlight=SUCCESS

You will notice that FUAFB received the SAR in dribs and drabs only after litigation had started - right up until the day prior to the hearing (Saturday actually) LTSB had been playing silly b*ggers.

The Judge asked if all the Data had been received at the final hearing - FUAFB believed not, however in her possession she did have a letter from the Solicitors, basically saying that was it! The Judge kind of implied that it would be a bit silly of them to provide something at a later date when they had categorically denied being in possession of it.

As for costs this is what the Judge had to say in respect of those..

He said that it was difficult in that there was no actual damage, stress would be dealt with under a different section and that would mean another hearing and he was of the opinion that FUAFB in particular is getting pretty fed up with dragging backwards and forwards to Court. He got that right rolleyes.png

He was going to award the costs under CPR 27.14 (2) g

Anyway, he said what he had to decide was.. Had there been a serious breach? Yes, without doubt there had been. Had the Bank been unreasonable? Decidedly so. In fact he felt that the Bank should be looking to their procedures for handling Subject Access Requests. He was quite astounded by their submissions and admissions. So.. !! He had obviously come to a decision.

Judge: FUAFB, there are some pre litigation costs, which I cannot allow, nice try though (delivered with a smile) so for the original claim you can have the fee for filing which is £30.00. I will then award the filing fee for the SJ application, which is £75.00. Then I will give a global award of £XXX.XX.. I make that a total of £XXX.XX. Miss B, FUAFB ??

So IMHO a letter from them confirming that their destruction policy is...... and that they categorically deny having anything else to provide you with. Might well be the way to go.

I am not sure if they can make that confidentiality clause stick though .. I guess that is up to you. Actually.. I think it is too late as you have already posted it up :lol:

HTH

BCOBS