Former employer gives me nasty shock

grayson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved a later from my former employer saying I have been £1000 over paid and they want it back.

I have been paid to much for sick and holiday.

Heres why. I was on the sick for a few weeks with depression during that time I gave them 1 month notice that i was resigning, two weeks after i took 2 weeks holiday I booked months ago. I returned back to work after my holiday to work my final 3 days notice, and that was it or so I thought.

I rang the wages department and they said being as i handed my notce in I wasnt entitled to 2 weeks holiday also i was given too many days company sick pay.

At no stage was i told any of this by the company or I would never have taken the holiday. Also they should have recieved my leavers form before my final day but it was recieved 8 days after due to the manager being too busy to send it off.

Will I have to pay the money back that i have already spent? I really dont have it to pay them

I would ask to see a copy of your contact of employment to see what it says about annual leave. I would have thought that if you are entitled to the leave then you can take it regardless of whether or not you have handed in your notice. Your contract should hopefully reveal all.

I have just recieved a later from my former employer saying I have been £1000 over paid and they want it back.

I have been paid to much for sick and holiday.

Heres why. I was on the sick for a few weeks with depression during that time I gave them 1 month notice that i was resigning, two weeks after i took 2 weeks holiday I booked months ago. I returned back to work after my holiday to work my final 3 days notice, and that was it or so I thought.

I rang the wages department and they said being as i handed my notce in I wasnt entitled to 2 weeks holiday also i was given too many days company sick pay.

At no stage was i told any of this by the company or I would never have taken the holiday. Also they should have recieved my leavers form before my final day but it was recieved 8 days after due to the manager being too busy to send it off.

Will I have to pay the money back that i have already spent? I really dont have it to pay them

Did you go back to work before taking the holiday? Did your doctor pronounce you fit for work?

The employers I've had would not let you take holiday while you were sick. You were paid sick pay rather than holiday pay, and you were able to reschedule your holiday for later, when you were well again.

Tim

I know the NHS, works it this way, if you are sick and are still stick, when you are to take your holiday, they give you the week or two weeks back, to take at a later time, and they pay you sick money rather than holiday money.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool: