Need help! PCN in Vine Str, Uxbridge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I accidently drove up VIne Street in Uxbridge on Thurs, 15th Mar at 9h30 pm and gone done for being in a bus lane.

Can't remember seeing any obvious signs. I recall seeing a buslane on the left hand side (LHS) and moving across to avoid it but looking at the PCN photo, I got done for being in a bus lane in the oncoming traffic lane.

Attached a copy of cleaned PCN.

Is there anyway I cna fight this based on inadequate signage/or PCN being poorly worded?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Hillingdon PCN - bus lane - 15.3.2012.pdf

It know that well - my UK flat is 7 minutes walk away. That 100 yards of both ways bus lane (effectively closed to all) produces more of LB of Hillingdon's PCNs than any other street, by a long way.

I have not visited for many months so cannot confirm the present signage.

If coming from the end in the photo the road surface colouring is certainly misleading suggesting a lane restriction instead of the entire road width - but there is a Keep Left sign bollard.

A red 'No Entry' sign with 'except Local Bus' below would be far clearer for motorists to obey. But that spoils their superb efforts to keep the Council Tax on my flat at the present level.

From the other end there are several warning signs before the restriction is reached.

Edited by Tony P

jamberson : yep, that's the roundabout. To be honest i haven't yet gone back to double the signs but due to it being night, I didn't see anything that was obvious.

Is there anyway to appeal based on the fact that the signs are not glaringly obvious to a motorist when going through that roundabout?

• 2 weeks later...

Having escaped from behind the Iron Curtain (and snow) for a couple of weeks I went and looked this afternoon.

The signs in the photo are as they are today.

What I thought was differing road surface colours is not the case. Looking again at the photo the difference is shade.