pedigree pekines turns out shihtzu cross

pinkprincess79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone i bought a black pekinese girl from a woman she showed me mum and dad and gave me generation papers... took pooch home n fell in love she looked scruffy so thought ill get my dog groomer in to shave her (i have a shihtzu to) dog groomer came n asked where my pekinese was i said there in front of u. dog groomer laughed n said thats not a peke its more shihtzu than peke, i was sooo upset i contacted the woman on facebook (this was where pups were advertised) she denied it then blocked me, anyway, she had a female n male shihtzu at house the mum shihtzu also had puppies at same time as her peke mum.... i took my pooch to a few vets who have all agreed shes definatly mixed with shihtzu i paid 420 for her, i cant give her back as A i love her an B my son has autism which involves seperation anxiety we cant just get rid of a dog (not that i would) it has to b a life long commitment no matter what. anyway has anyone any advice on what i can do please? take her to court get my money back would be best thing but dont no if i can or how or what id need x

You need to get several writeen opinions which confirm the breed of the dog. The opionons should be detailed and should outline the qualifications and experience of the person giveing the opinion, describe the examination whcih was made and the conclusion as to the breed and the reasons for that conclusion.

You also need at least a couple written assessements as to the difference in value between what you paid for the dog and its actual value.

That difference in value is what you should sue for.

If you incure any costs in getting these reports then you should add that to your claim as well.

Do everything in writing with the seller - or record your calls.

The price seemed low to me so I was interested enough to do a bit of checking and £400/£450 seems about average for a non registered Peke or first cross. It would be around twice that for a KC registered Pekinese pup from an accredited breeder.

If she is a lovely dog and your intention was to have a pet and not breed from her then the price was reasonable. however if she was advertised as pure bred and you can prove that she isnt then you will have a claim for the difference in price. I would just like toi say that people shouldnt buy dogs except from registered breeders if they are expecting quality and please dont deal through social networking sites as you never know what you are getting. Also if the woman is breeding and selling more than 2 litters a year she needs to be registered with the local council (you can phone them and check if she is registered) as you seem to know her home address write a formal letter stating your case and asking for a partial refund, the problem is that when dogs are kept together then a female can mate with more than 1 male and produce pups from both so she may have genuinlly thought it was a pure bred dog

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

however if she was advertised as pure bred and you can prove that she isnt then you will have a claim for the difference in price

I honestly don't think there is any difference in price to claim. If the buyer had paid the full going rate for a pedigree pup then there would be but this pup only cost around half that.