Me the FOS and the circus.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dennis in debt here just thought i'd jot down my experience with the fos and lloyds..and the circus (DCA'S).. have a case with the fos since last december against lloyds treating me unfairly over a £1k o/d that i was paying back at £1pr month they passed to dca i stopped paying i got my final response letter last nov and all papers sent to fos...accepted ref given ...jan 2012 moorcroft writing telling me i must pay them i email back saying the case is with fos even quote fos ref..email fos they state that banks are allowed to carry on debt activity even though there is a case with themselves i email back fos stating i consider this to be unfair...their reply is that they have asked lloyds to discontinue collection activity and it stops for 3 weeks...then guess who...Robbers way start i inform them that case with fos same procedure goes on fos state they have asked lloyds to cease activity and last week letter back from rw saying they are no longer dealing with the account...point of this is that even in the face of a case being accepted by the fos and being investigated the very bank the investigation and dispute is with is allowed to carry on collection activities..there is something wrong with this system..thursday this week...guess who.....wesclots...so off i go again.....anyone else had the same experience..?.i will continue my battle against the circus.....

The Financial Ombudsman Service does not have any statutory powers to force a creditor to cease collection activities, unless it is stated in a final decision and accepted by you as the consumer. Prior to a final decision being issued, the Financial Ombudsman Service is only able to merely ask a creditor to cease activities. However, it would be sensible for the creditor to cease collection activities.

If you case has been allocated to an Adjudicator, call them with the contact details Wescots and any reference number they provided you with and ask the Adjudicator to call them to confirm that your complaint is currently being investigated.

thanks Galactica for information I will see how i go on your advice and keep you posted.