Shop Direct

avfc2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shop Direct have responded to my PPI claim ---- They've sent me out a PPI Complaint Evaluation Form.

I rung them (yeah I know) and asked why when I've submitted the FOS PPI Consumer Questionnaire. The chap gave me lengthy spiel saying that there's is completely different as the FOS is not for catalogues?

Attached is the form - and what I've filled in.

Is there anything else I should put -- this will be the template for the others.

The guy also said, if the claim was successful it would be applied back to the account, I pointed out that it had been sold, to which he said it doesnt matter, we would buy it back and apply the refunds!!

I also recieved another letter stating that I need to submit £10 for the SAR request I made on 3rd July, it turns out that CapQuest have forwarded my email to them (Feb 13) on the 3rd July saying I wanted copies of the statements, by that count my letter to Capquest will be answered December lol.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done three of their PPI forms

I just put

see the fos CQ already sent.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

all I did was fill in the name bit

then said in the first box

please see the FOS questionnaire already sent to you

this has all the info you require

there were question like what was my partners this n that

I wrote

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

on all three

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

It got rejected... Then whilst we (me and brother) where dealing with our mom's one

- it emerged that my mom has policies out that covered the household(life, contentes etc)

I was unaware of this at the time of my claim, so I spoke to SD with this news...

They paid my mom out based on this information BUT still rejected mine.

I have a letter to the FOS sitting infront of me ready to be posted tomorrow..

I'm not settling for SD to say yes to my mom but no to me (despite me having claimed on the policy they can deduct that value from any award)

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

I've received the following from FOS today in reference to the Charges on the 4 accounts.

Please note as the letter states this does not include of effect the PPI claim for the accounts that was also submitted.

Just a refresher on the balances of the accounts:

[1] Very: (Account Interest Rate 44.90%) Balance £1080 - A/c Written Off By Lowell

Charges: £228; PPI: £442.25

[2] Kays: (Account Interest Rate 44.90%) Balance £173 - A/c Written Off By Lowell

Charges: £240; PPI: £52.40

[3] Littlewoods: (Account Interest Rate 29.90%) Balance £409 - Lowell

Charges: £216

[4] Additions: (Account Interest Rate 44.90%) Balance £884 - CapQuest

Charges: £360; PPI: £96.57

My concerns regarding this letter are as follows:

1) It does not mention the value of any interest that was also incurred along with the charges.

2) The write off - It does not take into account the detrimental effect this had on my credit report.

3) It has'nt been taken into consideration that whilst the Kays account balance (£173) was written off, the charges that they agree (not including any interest) exceed this balance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all need some help with this.

The chap dealing with the Charges enquiry has called and said that Shop Direct do not recognise any interest is due in relation to the charges.

I've stated that there was interest applied on the account as per the rates in post #132. He has stated I have to do a brief outline as to what i believe the interest is for each of the accounts and why. He's also said that shop direct state that interest was only charged on Buy Now Pay Later when these came into effect, but I dont think that this is the case.

Surely they should recognise some form of interest either at account rate or the 8%

I dont know what to write back to him but he want's something asap as he says "It's been going on long enough" and I'm getting the charges refunded.

I have sent the following response in relation to the Charges:

In reference to why I believe Interest should be added to the charges, I wish to bring to your attention the following:

Payments on account as per T&C's state they will be applied as follows:

1) PPI

2) Default

3) Other arrears

4) Interest

5) reducing the balance

This means that the incorrect interest have been applied to the account balance, as the value of any payment was not applied correctly (charges & PPI taking the most)

There are also guides to reclaiming charges throughout the internet, I bring to your attention the one guide by Martin Lewis of MoneySaving Expert whom states that the "interest should be added to your claim (eg, the actual interest you were charged by your credit provider OR should the matter go to court a minimum Statutory interest of 8%)”

The credit agreement(s) also state: "Charging interest: "Interest will be calculated on the daily current balance and will be applied to the account every 28days"

This interest is based upon the Account Interests.

Shop Direct statement of “balance left on goods” is irrelevant on this matter (if no balance there is no charges!), the matter is purely relates to the Charges & interest (and PPI) on the account, and thus should be treated, as the customer being left out of pocket by the charges.

Therefore as with PPI, interest is charged upon the Charges I have accrued, should be worked out as Day of the charge until the point of (agreed) resolution.

the guy from FOS responded a couple of hours later Thank you for your email. I will get back to you as soon as I have a response from the business regarding the impact of the PPI settlement.

But I should say that what you have provided below is not sufficient for me to conclude there has been an error here.

You are speaking in very general terms and have not provided any tangible figures or supporting evidence to show what has gone wrong.

However, I will be in touch again as soon as I have heard back from Shop Direct with some additional information.

Am I missing something? He had all the copies in relation to figures, copies of the SAR, spreadsheets showing the charges etc.

• 4 months later...

Update.

Thanks to the FOS, Shop Direct have agreed to refund the charges:

[1] Very: A/c Written Off By Lowell - Charges: £228

[2] Kays: A/c Written Off By Lowell - Charges: £240

[3] Littlewoods: Lowell - Charges: £216

[4] Additions: CapQuest - Charges: £360

However as [1] & [2] have been written off nothing will be received.

For [3] & [4] - Both Lowell (Balance £409) & Capquest (Balance £884) are both refusing to amend my credit report with the correct values/information.

Lowell have stated to Experian that the entries are accurate and that: "The default refers to a Shop Direct (Littlewoods) account that Lowell purchased. We ceased pursuing the customer for the remaining balance on this account. However, this did not mean that the debt was extinguished or that the default would be removed as we are no longer collecting the debt"

Lowell & Capquest have told me that they have not received any notification from Shop Direct, despite Shop Directs assurances to both myself and FOS that they have.

As for the PPI - FOS has upheld my complaint.

Shop Direct was given until Dec 14 to prepare an offer of settlement.

FOS stated that this was not within their guidelines (as with other settlement offers Shop Direct have issued to its customers) and are now liasing with Shop Direct regarding recalculations - As of today NOTHING has been finalised!!

[1] Very: A/c Written Off By Lowell - PPI: £442.25

[2] Kays: A/c Written Off By Lowell - PPI: £52.40

[3] Additions: CapQuest - PPI: £96.57

Above values are the fees paid and exclude interest.

I would love to know what they originally offered, as FOS have said it must follow our guidlines of Interest Rate and also the 8% what do you think I could be looking at getting back?

Shop Direct have stated to me that they will not look at refunding any monies to myself but will pass on to the relevant DCA's to reduce the balances!