Sky and SRJ

GASS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A little while ago, we had a hiccup with direct debits for Sky, we basically missed a month of subscription of about £60.00. The services were cut off by Sky and a month later a letter sent that saying that our services MAY be cut off.

I am not any further forward with being able to pay them the missed direct debit - due to other financial situations - but now am getting letters and constant phone calls and text messages on my land line from SRJ demanding to talk to us on a personal matter. I have so far ignored the calls and the letters.

Do you think I should continue to do this, or do I need to respond to Sky saying can't pay, if i was able to pay it would be on a £1.00 a month basis.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom.....

:lol: GASS

we are in same situation with them,been waiting for a week for them to send us a payment slip as we can no longer pay by d/d,they have cut our tv services,they adverts on tv are so misleading saying get sky this and that for x ammount a month,we have the basic package and its over £50+ a month,for what? repeat after repeat,have asked for a lower charge but they dont listen,only on £67 a week JSA now

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have now received another letter from SRJ and they have doubled the amount now asking for £130, bit steep considering the the original amount was £60. What to do, do i contact SRJ or go direct to sky. NOT paying the 130.

:lol: GASS

I'm not an expert on contract law I'm afraid, but in the first instance, I'd bypass SRJ for the moment and contact Sky's Customer service team by phone.

You should be able to get relevant contact details for them included in your bill(s) but if not, try: http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/

Fully explain the situation (calmly) to their Customer Service rep and ask for the address where you can put your situation and proposals in writing. They usually include alot of small print in their contracts, so have a good read first!

Presumably, you no longer have Sky services. Most companies of this ilk have a minimum contract period, so unless that has now expired, they may still carry on charging you. Is that how the increased amount quoted by SRJ came about perhaps? Another £60 plus a £10 admin fee?

I think contacting them in the first instance is the way forward, but others may have better, more helpful suggestions!

Good luck!

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)