Connaught Collections - Statutory Demand Threat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post removed,

We do not advocate claims management companies nor do we allow links to such websites

please refrain from posting links to CMCs or otherwise accounts will become moderated

Your letter looks fine, dotty :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not impressed! Blair Oliver & Scott called my work telephone number this evening and worse still it was one of those automated recorded calls!

I think this is the first ever call that I have had at work and cannot think how they got hold of the number, I have never, to my knowledge given it.

Just had a thought, I have a Sainsburys cc and this may have works number on, they could have accessed the number that way!

Not impressed! Blair Oliver & Scott called my work telephone number this evening and worse still it was one of those automated recorded calls!

I think this is the first ever call that I have had at work and cannot think how they got hold of the number, I have never, to my knowledge given it.

Just had a thought, I have a Sainsburys cc and this may have works number on, they could have accessed the number that way!

Hi Dotty

That is disgusting they got your work telephone number and using it with out your permission.I know when i spoke to Halifax DCAs in past they were dying to get another contact telephone number off me but after my expereince with MBNA crapital one and Barclayshark when they started phonning me several times a day at work to try and humiliate me and get me into trouble with work colleagues and boss there was no way i was going to give out any contact number other then my home BT number! But every call they tried to get a new number off me,But very underhand getting yourwork phone number when you not officially given it to them,If they carry on in spite of you telling them to stop you should report them !

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Dotty. Glad your still at em! I bought one of those Truecall gadgets - the calls were really getting me down - now I don't get any on my land-line. Any to my mobile I just ignore.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, considering Halifax have written to say that they are no longer dealing with the account and for me to refer to Blair Oliver & Snot!

WHY do they still carry on calling me? Two calls before 9 this morning! :mad:

Hi Dotty

Yes What ridiculous things they say! They write to me saying i am in the hands of Blair Oliver and Snot and yet i am still getting loads of calls fron Halifax direct! as wll as Blair oliver and Snot!:rolleyes:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Had another letter from B, O & Snot today, usual threats, court, charging orders etc.

Must put something back in writing to them, I know it will just be ignored, like everything else, but just want evidence for my paper trail.

Having a problem getting motivated at the moment! :(

Although just looked the letter again, why can't they address a letter correctly?

Addressed to me by name but then goes ..Dear Sir/Madam!!!!!!!

Last sentence "Send a cheque/postal order to the address above writing your account number on the reverse of the payment. There isn't an address above!

Had another letter from Halifax (although they had previously told me that they were no longer dealing!)

Well, to FINALLY resolve the issues, they have escalated the complaint to a Senior colleague within the Customer Relations dept for final review. They will review the case in its entirety before issuing a final response.

Also had another letter from AA credit card (NEVER had one of these cards!), Although I see the envelope is Bank of Scotland, it doesn't quote any CC number but a different six digit number which I assume is a complaint ref but different to previous one.

Now this is from a Customer Relations Officer advising that a Customer Relations Manager will contact me soon to discuss my concerns.

MUPPETTS MUPPETTS MUPPETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, as much as I would hate to go to court, I am sure that this would be laughed out, they really do not have a clue!

Hi Dotty

Yes What ridiculous things they say! They write to me saying i am in the hands of Blair Oliver and Snot and yet i am still getting loads of calls fron Halifax direct! as wll as Blair oliver and Snot!:rolleyes:

Hello there good people,

In the first instance, send a written letter to both the Halicraps and the Blairs snotts Ltd, state to both um, er, are they professional companies?, well whatever they are, inform them that they are breaking the Office OF Fair Trading debt collection guidelines, and that to pursue you at the same time as each other with this continued course of conduct, amounts to harassment as stated under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997, furthermore, that should they continue to pursue this course of conduct, then their actions would be considered by the courts as an offence under the Administration Of Justice Act 1970 sec 40.

There is no civil remedy under the AOJA sec 40, nonetheless, by virtue of these actions both of the companies concerend are committing a criminal offence.

When sending any written communications to any of these corporate businesses, you should bypass the useless and incompetent customer services and customer relations departments and address your letters to the company secretary, mark your envelopes STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL, always place the words "Without Prejudice" on any of your letters and always allow a timescale for them to respond of between fourteen (14) to twenty one (21) days.

State in your letters, quite clearly, that if they do continue to conduct their business in this manner, then you will apply to the courts for an injunction against them under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997,

While you are in debt to them they do have a right to contact you, but the have no right to double up upon you, such conduct does indeed cause needless and unnecessary distress.

If any of you guys need any help with writing a strong, firm, fair, respectful and polite legal letter, that will cause these dispicable you know what, to act in a far more reasonable and honourable way, then please do not hesitate to let me know and I shall provide you with all the help and advise that I can.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Hi The Mould,

I am under no illusions that any of them are capable of being reasonable or honourable!

I will however, bear in mind your offer of assistance, should I feel like giving up writing to them myself.

I see you started on Sainsburys, are you any further on with them?

Hi The Mould,

I am under no illusions that any of them are capable of being reasonable or honourable!

I will however, bear in mind your offer of assistance, should I feel like giving up writing to them myself.

I see you started on Sainsburys, are you any further on with them?

Dear Dotty50,

I have not published the full, unedited and factual account of my claim against Sainsbury's, Blair, Oliver & Scott, Eos Solutions UK Plc, Iqor Recovery Services Ltd and Incasso LLP here on this site or fully on any other forum. (You have read it correctly Five (5) companies in total)

Or six (6) if you include J Sainsbury's Plc, seven (7) if you include HBOS PLC.

All of the above are going to be the defendants to my serious and substantial claim in relation to the breech of numerous statutes by them and the offences committed by them against my private household.

I cannot comment in depth about my claim due to legallities, but I can tell you that very shortly, one way or another, Sainsbury's are going to make amends to my household for the serious and irreparable damage and distress caused to my family as a direct result of their personnels unlawful and inexcusable conduct over a protracted period of time of sixteen (16) and a half consecutive calendar months, a series of unlawful events that were created by a cold, calculated and cunningly deceitful act of conduct by Sainsbury's personnel in the handling of my substantial Settlement Payment with them.

Sainsbury's are either going to make amends freely by accepting all of the indisputable facts to my claim, facts that are supported in full with legal documented evidence of fact, or Sainsbury's are going to have the indisputable facts legally enforced upon them in court and legally enforced by the court to make amends for the damage done to my family.

I do not take going to court lightly (As I'm sure no one does) but to this day Sainsbury's have refused to accept responsibility for the unlawful actions of it's personnel.

My claim against Sainsbury's (Which is being communicated to J Sainsbury's Plc, the legal representative and data controller of Sainsbury's Bank Plc (HBOS), involves the Data Protection Act, The Fraud Act, Broken Agreements, The Doctrine of Promissory Estoppels, Full and Final Settlements (Case Law of), The Protection From Harassment Act, The malicious Communications Act, The Consumer Credit Act 1974, The Administration of Justice Act 1970 sec 40, The supply of Goods and Services Act, The financial Services and Markets Act, The Third Party Act 1999, and a few others, as well as -

Several Regulatory Authorities (And their guidelines, codes and proceedures).

The third party debt collection companies are all going to be held accountable for their involvments (Willing participants, the abeters) in an unlawful campaign orchestrated by Sainsbury's personnel.

It does take a long time, soon I will be able to free my family from the incasement of misery that has consumed and ruined our lives and also I intend to see the substantial Settlement Payment returned to my father-in-law.

Sainsbury's have tried and failed to defend themselves against my claim with futile, implausable and weak defences, I am in possession of incredible, overwhelming, damming and indisputable documentary evidence, and almost all of it has been provided by Sainsbury's through my "Subject Access Request" under the DPA, you simply would not believe the depth of the dishonesty of some of the senior managers and at such high levels within Sainsbury's corporation.

I have put in writting to Sainsbury's numerous and serious accusations, they are unable to contest it, I am in the final stages, preparing to go to the high court against all five companies, I am ready to do this battle, and though I not lift any iron against thy enemy, I shall see them all slain at my feet on that battlefield, never will they be granted any rights of passage across that path again.

Well Dotty50, it will always be tough fighting for Justice, but it is better to fight for such a worthy cause, than to just stand by and let injustice destroy you.

Many Thanks

The Mould.

Update, Still getting phone calls and I am still ignoring them! They may take a hint one day!

Received DSAR confirmation and advised that it is currently being processed and information will be sent within 40days.

The first part of the letter refers to credit scoring and they have enclosed a booklet about it, they have also enclosed a copy of their privacy statement.

One sentence as follows, "Please note, HBOS plc is not obliged to supply records held in paper format if they do not form part of a relevant filing system"

Can anyone translate this for me please?

I really want copies of the correspondence over the last eight months, does this mean they do not have to supply them? :confused:

Update, Still getting phone calls and I am still ignoring them! They may take a hint one day!

Received DSAR confirmation and advised that it is currently being processed and information will be sent within 40days.

The first part of the letter refers to credit scoring and they have enclosed a booklet about it, they have also enclosed a copy of their privacy statement.

One sentence as follows, "Please note, HBOS plc is not obliged to supply records held in paper format if they do not form part of a relevant filing system"

I really want copies of the correspondence over the last eight months, does this mean they do not have to supply them? :confused:

Data Protection Act 1998 s.1 provides that:

"'relevant filing system' means any set of information relating to individuals to the extent that, although the information is not processed by means of equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose, the set is structured, either by reference to individuals or by reference to criteria relating to individuals, in such a way that specific information relating to a particular individual is readily accessible."

For general practical purposes manually recorded data can therefore be thought of as being mainly paper records and files, but the definition is wide enough to also include letters, roladex index cards, microfiches, faxes and general notes. The definition is important because through it manually recorded data come within the coverage of the Data Protection Act 1998 (see the definition of data in Data Protection Act 1998 s.1.

Manually recorded data was not covered by the Data Protection Act until 24th October 2001 (when the "first transitional period" ended, as provided by DPA 1998 sch 8) - see notes at Data protection/Data Protection Act 1998 commencement .

I thought that 'relevant filing system' was a phrase used so that you couldn't have access to every last document with your name on it. e.g. your details are included in a file which you are not the principle subject of.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Dotty50,

Records held in any filing system are indeed a "Relevant filing system" and "Readily locatable and easily accessed" as per the "Durant Case" DPA.

Any information held by them relating to your personal data is to be disclosed to you, (The Law, under the Data Protection Act).

Records held on paper, are in a relevant filing system, and so insist, politely of course, that they supply you with a copy of this information.

Mail shots, for general marketing purposes are not considered to be in a specific file,(Relevant filing system) because the personal data of the data subject named on such documents are general, and do not specifically relate soley and directly to your personal information.

All of your correspondance to them over the period of time stated in your previous post will be held in a relevant filing system and be directly relating to you and easily accessable by them.

You want everything that they have on file, including all, each and every piece of information contained in all of the departments that you have had communication with, anything in micro-fiche, anything in their agent communication system (Known as the P+ system).

Also instruct them to provide you with the full set of the abbreviations translations to their codes to ensure that you are able to thoroughly read and understand the file that they will send you.

Everything is what you require, because under the said statute (DPA) everything is what you are fully, legally entitled to.

When you receive your file, check the contents against your own records.

Any deletions will be absolutely obvious.

Well I hope this will help you.

Please up-date, when you can.

Kind Regards

The Mould

In the absence of any reply yet from a Senior colleague in Customer relations, I have had yet another letter from Blair Orrible & Co.

I have failed to respond to their requests for the full balance and because of this my debt will be prepared for further action if I don't respond within 5 days.

Someone MAY knock the door to discuss the repayment of the debt.

MAY be taken to court to seed a judgement...... charging orders...... etc!

I still haven't written to them, perhaps I should and point out the error of their ways. :evil::mad:

Answered a call tonight, don't know why because I knew it was the Halifax number, although could now be Sainsbury's

Anyway it was Blair Olly & Co! Told them letter in post tomorrow, said ok will wait for it and went away.

33 minutes later, they call my mobile!

I really don't know why I answered them both, temporary lapse! :)