CAPITAL ONE default removal! really need your help...

Jack the Lad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Had a Capital One credit card with 200 pounds limit - at one point in 2007 it went upto 220 and over the course of a few months it escalated to 550! i wasn't aware of these charges as i didn't receive most of the paper work - also i was abroad for some of the time...

i then partially settled it in 2008 - but was unaware that it will still be set as a default in 2007 and will not come off my credit file until end of 2013...

I sent a letter in feb 2012 to the executive response team at Cap1 requesting for the default to be removed as it's ruining my life and that of my family - The amount increased from £200, simply because of the over limit “unfair” fee charges of £20 in addition to late payment charges of a further £20 plus purchase interest and cash interest – all of this eventually added up to £550 without my knowledge.

Earlier today i rung them and understood that they sent a letter to my old address stating that this will be their last correspondence with me and any future communication will have to go through the financial ombudsman... and they have now cleared the balance off my credit report and instead of it saying "Partial settlement" which i settled back in 2008 - it will now state fully settled but the DEFAULT will remain till end of 2013...

Is there anything i can do here to remove this DEFAULT???

Basically this default is of a small amount has ruined my Life and that of my family!!!

Thank you in advance for your help..

Hi and welcome to CAG

You should look to reclaim all of those unlawful charges plus interest on them.

If you can show that the default happened purely as a result of the charges applied then you stand a chance of getting the default removed.

Have a read around the Cap1 and other bank forums to get up to speed on what is needed and use the attached spreadsheet to calculate your claim amount.

ims

CISheet v101.xls