Paypal,postal order, bank transfer, safest?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advertised a samsung galaxy s2 on preloved.

I have had an offer which thinking on but person lives up north so know they would want it sent and I would use special delivery.

I have heard some horror stories if item is paid for by paypal for them to once get item say not as described, re ebay or phone not enclosed sort of things and claim the money back.

Whilst I know these things do genuinely probably go on,

I am aware from stories that items are regualry claimed as not received or as described to get refunds also,

need to protect myself as to be honest could not cope with them saying not in bag or missing etc when I know I posted it.

is there a way of protecting myself that would allow payment through paypal, but stop them claiming it back fraudulantly, as in would bank transfer via paypal help me.

I mean say for instance the phone genuinely went missing in post from packaging and again these things do happen,

I would have special delivery protection to 500.00 and would claim it back that way in a genuine case if package was handed to person and post office had damaged the package.

on my advert i will put will be sent special delivery,

do not accept from post office if package is opened or confirm that phone is okay before sign or return to postman etc....

..Then woudl know post office have to sort it out and would refund buyer pronto in mean time, also giving me proof of payment via pay pal for post office.

Is it funds transfer or would you say crossed postal orders are safer?

I can sell this phone to second hand store locally and get about 180.00 for it but that is low,

but if cannot sell hastle free, might just sell if for that than risk losing 250.00,

thanks xx

I appreciate it seems fraud goes on on both sides of phones sales, just could not cope being caught out so any tips appreciated.

signed for with tracking [parcelforce]

you cannot dictate [as such] how someone pays their paypal account

but if you go outdide of paypal they will not protect you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. After reading on the ebay forums I dont think I can trust paypal as a seller. As a buyer I would have no problems, but the stories over not as described etc....

Think I will re advertise as cash on collection and hope to find nearer buyer who happily can try it out. If not well second hand shop it is, at least no hastle come back

Thanks all same