cabot chasing old citifinance debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im new on here so please bare with me.

I have been getting letters from cabot for a number of years, chasing me for a credit card debt,

i have asked on numerous occasions for signed copy of credit agreement which they cannot suply. so asked them nicely to leave me alone,

they have tried to pass this around to scot call, fire, but have told them to leave me alone and so far they have just passed it back to cabot.

They are now saying that they sent me a copy of the reconstituted agreement and statements and this enough to prove the debt was mine.

Is this right or do the sill have to provide a sighned copy???:-x Thanks for any help

who's the original creditor

and does this debt show on your cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

prob more than 6yrs old now?

cra file see below

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to the citi finance forum

have a read of a few threads here...

i bet you've had 'discount' letters too?

dx

and they

Hi

For the debt to be SB, you must not have acknowledged the debt (in writing) nor paid anything in the last 6 years (5 years in Scotland)

If you are certain they are chasing a SB debt, tell them to go forth

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

i have never acknowlaged the debt, and no payments have been made in 6 years, i have been in contact with cabot for nearly 3 years saying i do not think this debt is mine and to provide signed proof but they say they cant as of the age of the debt

Look in the library (top left) for the relevant letter. Time to tell them to go away

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Cabot must be feeling the pinch if they are chasing stat barred debts. Even if this turns out not to be stat barred, from the wording it sounds to me as though they have bought the account, which was very kind of them, but I assume you didn't ask them to, and you have no contract with them! :madgrin:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Fire off the stat barred letter to them and see what they come back with. It sounds as though they are trying it on.

I would chance my luck at sending it by email to begin with to save to cost of postage, but it is your call. If you are posting, send it by recorded delivery and DO NOT SIGN IT, especially if you have not acknowledged for over 6 years, they might write back shouting for a signature, but let us know if they do.

Good luck HB

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

Hi all i have had a reply buy email from cabot.

Dear sir

we acknowledge that your account is statute barred and so governed by the limitations Act 1980.

Under the OFT guidlines it is accepted that legally th debt still exists but that collections of theses debts must in no way be contray to section 40(1) of the administration of justic Act 1970.

Whilst we dont consider our actions to have breached any law or regulatory guidline, your account has been withdrawn from our regular collection process.

We trust this clarifies the situation and request you contact us within 30 days if you wish to discuss this matter

That should be it. No more letters. They have acknowledged that it is SB and they cannot chase it.

If they sell it on to some other sucker, you can then get them

Sit back, have a (small) drink and think that you have got one over Cabot :whoo:

Keep hold of that email incase they decide to pass it on to another DCA.

Pleased be of service :lol: