british gas - gas bill query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wondered if anyone can advise regarding my latest gas bill from BG.

I've had various discussions with BG about my bill over the years, but my actual usage, regardless of the price has always been fairly consistant in terms of gas, between 6-8000kwh annaully, which is fine, however my most recent bill has just hit and they reckon i've used 14,000kwh and as a result has doubled my bill.

i only have my meter read once every 6 months, but even so, i don't believe my annual usage has doubled in 12 months, especially as we don't have the heating on 9 months of the year.

i rung them to see if they had any advise and they said to turn everything off, take a reading, leave it a couple of hours and check it again, there was no change, so as far as they are concerned the meter is fine and their attitude was basically "lulz, tough ****"

any ideas about it? i know there is a problem somewhere, but not sure where... :s

Hi el

The best thing might be to get all the gas readings and gas billed onto a spreadsheet.

See if you can find the anomaly. Also take reading for the next 10 days, same time each day.

Reading your meter every 6 months is far too little, read it every 3 months at least.there was a huge price rise last year of around 16-18% gas and 12 % electric to take into account.If your gas meter is in an outside box check it for leaks, theres potential for leaks around the unions and pipes

Edited by orphean