style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

Last summer I paid off the final amount on a Barclays Partner Finance agreement, for a camera I bought about 10 years ago from Jacobs (I was paying off a small amount a month after an initial large payment and closed the account by paying the last £90), I just called up Barclays and the lady was really nice and I paid off the account then got a letter stating the account was closed and had a balance of zero - phew!

A month or less later I started getting letters addressed to me at my parents house in Northern Ireland (I used it often as I was in a different rental house very year in London and travelled quite a bit). They were from Apex credit saying I owed over £3K on a Barclays Partner Finance account. So I called Apex and they couldn't tell me any details of the account (and were very rude), so I called Barclays Partner finance but they wouldn't give me any details because I couldn't give the right postcode (I have lived t about 20 addresses over the years).

So I came on here and after another threatening letter from Apex- saying that I hadn't contacted them when I had been on the phone twice - I sent a letter to Apex, requesting account information for the money they were chasing.

I got yet another exact same letter from them saying that they are pursuing me and unable to contact me (even though I had sent a letter - and changed my address to my new house), so I called them just before Xmas. I asked again for information for the account, saying it seems very weird to get a request to pay a similar amount from the same lender and for, it turns out - Jacobs cameras... but for a different account number.

They said they were unable to provide the details, they have since said that I need to send them copies of my bank accounts with relevant details blanked out, but evidence of me paying the account and a final statement from Barclays - which I did - along with a lett of complaint.

That was December, I heard nothing until yesterday when I got a letter saying that they were handling my complaint and would get back to me as soon as it was resolved BUT it still had the £3K outstanding at the top of the letter. Then today I got a text message asking me to call them straightaway - should I call them?

I am currently working part-time and part-time post-grad studying. When I applied for a loan to help me pay the fees last year I got refused even though experian had me down as a 99% all round good egg borrower... (I requested it after getting refused as the only debt i THOUGHT i had was my £2K overdraft.)

I am currently living in my now £2.6K overdraft from Halifax and only get paid £900 a month, so can't see a way out of it or any way to even pay them a little bit.

It has kept me awake at night and I feel a bit sick when I think about it. I haven't the means to pay a debt of that size.

There's only one possible thing I think it could be, I got a replacement camera in about 2005 but I thought it was added to the Jacobs account I already had, and thought I was paying off ever since. It seems weird tht there is only a problem now....

what should I do next?

thanks in advance for your help!

:-(