Washing machie breakdown

nasrqureshi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a fridge and a washing machine (Hot point) from Comet a few years ago with extended warranty for peace of mind.

On 21 December 2011, I reported a fault with the washing machine (premium rate number which costs a lot due to long queuing time).

An engineer visited our house on 30 December 2011 and advised us that he needed to order parts for the machine.

Then from that time we had 5-6 cancelled appointments as they had received damaged parts for some reason.

In February 2012 I had to take a day off from work to be at home so that they can come and fix it.

This appointment was cancelled at 10:00 a.m. over the phone for the same parts problem.

One day I was phone call around 8:00 a.m. that they are coming to fix the machine (with out prior appointment) on the same day

which I had to refuse as now I don't trust them to turn up and I can not take a day off work just like that.

On 18 February 2012 an engineer turned up with parts only to find out that they didn't have all the parts needed.

I have been on the phone to "On call" repeatedly with phone bill rising.

I have tried the nearest store (10 miles away) and the manager has told me three times that he will contact the service centre on my behalf and will ring me back (which he never does).

Not sure what should be done.

I have three young children and my laundrette bill is mounting.

So far I have spent over £150 in the laundrette alone.

For this sort of money I could have easily bought another machine as I am still not sure when this will be fixed.

I am really fed up now. Can someone please advise what I should do to get this resolved.

Thanks

Nasr

Hi Nasr ,

Once again this is shocking customer Service from COMET, ongoing since 21st of December and still not resolved .

Sadly this seems to be a common state of affairs now .

Is there not part of your extended warranty agreement which states if a fault cannot be resolved within a certain time your product will be written off or replaced ,

this is certainly worth looking at .

I think the Site Team may be able to advise you the way to go regarding this now or even "COMET Response" if anyone is left to help customers.

Good Luck ,

Regards

GorgieBoy