Ebay returned goods abroad

tali
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dunno if this is right section

I purchased new Nintendo off ebay via Paypal £85 + £15 pp = £100 from Hong Kong.It was faulty and i told seller it would cost me £15 to return it- which he agreed .But his refund is only for original £100 - he has not refunded my £15 return postage costs -surely if an item is faulty i should not bear the return postage costs?.I think he has been sneaky in refunding only the original £15 postage -hoping i would not notice i am out of pocket for return posatge

So can anyone clarify the situation? How will paypal deal with it?

Also rather worryingly , i, belatedly and with difficulty found that buying goods from abroad means they are only covered if purchased within EU - so i could buy something new outside of EU and basically the guarantee/warranty is a big fat zero zero.Surely large organizations should legally have global warranties?

Thanks

You are correct you should have got that £15 back however the postage rules only apply to sellers in the UK.

As you brought from a seller outside the UK theywill not have to follow UK law.

Always buy from a UK seller if you want to be protected by UK law.

I very much doubt you will ever see that £15 again so I would put it down to experience and move on.

Seller claims to have made £100 refund to my Paypal account -several weeks ago - but there is nothing there.

Ebay /paypal waste of time automated responses and fatal 45 day limit - what is the point of that as goods can go faulty after 45 days - and it means Paypal /ebay offer virtually zero protection

Got this of paypal - i don't understand line " didn't sign up for a PayPal account or didn't complete the registration process" as all my ebay purchases have gone thru Paypal

"On 25 Jan 2012, xxxxx sent you a payment for 98.99 GBP.

The money has been returned to xxxx's account.

This payment was returned because:

You didn't sign up for a PayPal account or didn't complete the registration process.

Contact xxxxx@gmail.com) to agree on an alternate payment method.

For more information, log in to your PayPal account to find this transaction, and click Cancelled to see the details.Yours sincerely,

PayPal

warn seller that if he doesn't refund you, he will be reported to the hong kong police for theft.. they are surprisingly helpful..

Yes , but it seems he has tried to refund me -i don't know what Payapal are playing at though- and why paypal took over a month to tell me