o2 Mobile Phone refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has had her phone for 6 months (under my name). When she signed up, she was offered a free months worth of 'Breaking News' MMS messages, which she does want.

6 months later....Now....

I have just looked at the bill and she is being charged about £4 per month for this service, but has never actually recieved any 'Breaking news' alerts.

I phoned the customer service desk to inform them and to ask for my money back for the 6 months that I have paid for a service and had not recieved (fair enough). The lady on the phone said that they will speak to her manager. When she comes back, she informs me that they can give me back 3 months worth as that is as far as they can go back.

I informed her that that was not good enough and that I would graciously accept service credit or free alerts for the next 3 months, in addition to the 3 months credit. She informed me that that was not possible and that her manager had informed her that she could only refund 3 months worth.

Naturally I asked to speak to the manager. The lady put me on hold, then came back and said that she would refund me the whole 6 months. I then asked if the service going forward would work. She informed me that she had left a note for her manager as he only works 9-5 :confused: . humm, she must have a psychic link to him.

What annoys me is that I was not offered a full refund and had to ask more than once to get it. I was going to go in to the whole she-bang about sales of goods act etc and that I would be taking it to court etc, but luckily did not have to stretch that far.

regards,

InterSimi

Another good example of sticking to your guns, but it's the hoops you have to jump to and the time it consumes to get things done that sadly puts most people off simply because they don't have that time.

I signed up with O2 in December, and although I'm happy with the phone service I have an issue withe the handset (occasional rapid battery drain) that they have failed to resolve and I haven't had the time to keep chasing.

I will get to it, but many people never do and the companies know it.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Just a quick thought seylectric, have you made sure the phone doesn't have a backlight on all the time? This was something my friends daughter had a problem with and even the shop sent it off and found that it was because she had it set so there was a small light (only a light glow) on all the time and this was draining her battery.

Silly option if you ask me if all it is going to do is drain it!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

No, the settings are OK, it's a Bluetooth problem. I occasionally use the installed sat-nav application when I'm in the car, linked via Bluetooth to the dash mounted satellite thingy. This drains the battery pretty quickly as you can imagine, although I think that's more to do with the backlight being on full all the time the application is running.

But the problem is that even after you have turned off the sat-nav application and the Bluetooth signal (i.e. switched the PDA back into mobile phone on standby mode, the backlight definately switches off) it still continues to drain the battery rapidly sometimes, but not always.

I do have an in-car charger built into the holder but don't always remember to plug it in, but that not the problem.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

regards,

InterSimi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks