NCO Europe KEEP calling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No i don't still work for them I walked out after a combination of problems, partially because they refused to reduce my hours as i was working too many, and partially I couldn't be bothered with the actual job and contacting people who obviously didn't want to be contacted (which is fair enough)

Yes thats what we were told. And I am providing a phone number but requesting that they are not used as a reference because they wouldn't provide one anyway

By the way I'm not a he I'm a she

If someone says that they dont owe the debt we would always query it with the client anyway

And i dont know why you're all having a go at me, i was trying to tell you what they told us. AND I dont even work there anymore, If I was i certainly wouldn't have time to be writing this now!

BTW my original post was to the person whose fees were from an pold paypal, I dont know how that side works as I was under a dif. client

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, englishstudent - nevermind - you're out of there now. Welcome to their fanclub!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

:lol: Trust me I don't like them any more than you do.... ironically they owe me £300 in wages. Do ya reckon I should ring them twice a day?

Employ a good firm of solicitors, Hampton Legal or Buchanan Clarke and Wells are excellent. Allegedly

:lol: Trust me I don't like them any more than you do.... ironically they owe me £300 in wages. Do ya reckon I should ring them twice a day?

No - but you could do worse than adapt the Prelim and LBA letters on this site to your needs. Remember to check what laws you're relying on though; obviously you're not relying on "Consumer Contract Law", you'll be relying on Employment Law. You HAVE TO KNOW where you stand before you start threatening etc; so get some free consultation from a local solicitors firm and ask them what you can rely on to force them to pay... and then go for it! I don't think for a minute they'll allow something this small to go to small claims court; I think they'll just pay up. After all, it could be pretty embarrassing for a debt collector to owe money... ;)

right ive paid paypal the £20. is it true they have to obtain a ccj before defaulting me and would i know about it before/while they obtain one? sorry to act dumb new area for me :) and NCO europe can bugger off not paying them a bean for just one phone call. (which by the way o/h told them i was deaf :D so obviously couldnt take the call :D )

No, they do not have to ahve a CCJ to defaukt you, but they do need to issue you with a notice of default - check your credit records is the only way to be sure.

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

No, they do not have to ahve a CCJ to defaukt you, but they do need to issue you with a notice of default - check your credit records is the only way to be sure.

You may be mistaken here; your CREDIT record refers to matters of CREDIT. Paypal do not provide credit, and agreements with PayPal are not regulated under the consumer credit act. It may not be possible for an organisation who do not provide credit, to affect your record of credit, without a court order to that effect... further to this, Notice Of Default is a process provided for under the Consumer Credit Act. We need an expert to answer this for certain.

Does anyone know if Abs Holdings, Coventry Road, Small Heath, tele number 0121 773 8988 are anything to do with NCO. I have had two phone calls from them asking for Heartlands Hospital. As they appear to be by Heartlands Hospital they couldn't even misdial my number.

I have just got a feeling its something to do with NCO.

just got a card from nco, would like to thank u all for the above comments

reciept of this card distressed my wife to tears, a full evening going thro our accounts, could find no link.

i dont like my wife being upset:mad:

so mr C Green from NCO, i have taken tuesday off work to await your visit, should it occur i would advise you to bring a white flag and wave it high and clear, NEWCASTLE is a strange place on tuesdays between 8am and 8pm;)

ps if you dont turn up i will being claiming for lost wages incurred.

once again thank you good people for the above info:cool:

Waste of a good day's holiday. Full of hot air and wind. The only thing to watch out for is number 08701525677 (or any similar, last 2 digits may change). Don't ring them back. I've not yet worked out what they hope to achieve by keep ringing, not speaking and hangking up. It is costing them money not me so I let them carry on. I've got a long list of logged calls which I shall be reporting to the relevant bodies very shortly.

You may be mistaken here; your CREDIT record refers to matters of CREDIT. Paypal do not provide credit, and agreements with PayPal are not regulated under the consumer credit act. It may not be possible for an organisation who do not provide credit, to affect your record of credit, without a court order to that effect... further to this, Notice Of Default is a process provided for under the Consumer Credit Act. We need an expert to answer this for certain.

This is how I think it is.

Payplan shouldn't have any right to interfere with your credit file, although i would need to take a look at their t's & c's, which i will do over the w/e :)

Thank u all for your comments

Well surprise surprise :wink: mr c green didnt show

shame really im sure his discourse would be enlightening:-D

you people are stars

may your team always win, and may you stay forever young

Magpieguy, only thing to watch out for now is the daily telephone call where they will ring and not speak. Still ring me up once a day. I always answer in the hope that they might actually speak to me so that I can tell them where to go. Can't wait for the day when their time is up to report them. I have a sheet of A4 phone calls they've made. DDAY 16TH APRIL 2007.

ODC what could you mean?

Surprise,

Could you expand on that "when their time is up" - I am new to this DCA lark (and I don't owe any money) and I am keen to make these people's lives as unpleasant as possible.

All hints gratefully received:)

After you have sent your CCA letter they have 12 days from date of receipt to respond otherwise they have defaulted and you don't have to pay anything then a further 30 days you can then report them to OFT, etc as they have committed an offence. I'm new to this too but that is how I understand it. They have until 23rd April for me to report them but they have defaulted so I don't have to pay them anything. I think there is a dosier being built up about them at Glasgow Trading Standards Office so that's where I'm heading on 23rd April. Good luck.

well well had a card through yesterday i will be calling between 9am and 9pm. :rolleyes:

now ive paid paypal the £20 over 2 weeks ago which still hasnt been banked!

i faxed nco all the details including a copy of the cheque.(account no crossed out)

dont these bloody people READ!!! :mad:

they can get lost if they think im paying them any money. :mad:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks