Credit Resolution Service attempting to harass and threaten me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agree with Locotus. Time to remain brave and call their bluff. Inform them that they do not have your permission to call at your home address and that you would welcome the opportunity to defend your stance in court. Don't give in to their bullish tactics and empty threats, made with the sole purpose of intimidating you into paying them off......

Made me laugh..Court Action. Ok, a possibilty but unlikely, they then go on to list the various options IF they start court action and IF they win.

Then theres the 2nd option.. Home Visit..eerer..yeah..so what ?, they have no more powers than you, me, the cat or the milkman, if they want to waste time and money so be it..be as suggested a withdraw permission letter will do the job. :)

The more threatening letters are (see RLP, ACS Law, etc) the more likely that they have a weak case and will go nowhere near a court house.

Andy

Hi V's,

You say this terrified your parents at home.

You need to instruct them, using the advice from the "Doorstep Call" link in post #25 posted by Locutus. Make sure they know that, if anyone calls (which is unlikely) regarding the alleged debt, they must simply tell the caller to leave without discussing the matter at all. You must also tell them to ignore any threats and they must not pay anyone a penny.

You could print off a copy of the letter from the link to leave with YP's, so they know how to deal with any such call.

Otherwise, ignore CRS.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi V's,

You say this terrified your parents at home.

You need to instruct them, using the advice from the "Doorstep Call" link in post #25 posted by Locutus. Make sure they know that, if anyone calls (which is unlikely) regarding the alleged debt, they must simply tell the caller to leave without discussing the matter at all. You must also tell them to ignore any threats and they must not pay anyone a penny.

You could print off a copy of the letter from the link to leave with YP's, so they know how to deal with any such call.

Otherwise, ignore CRS.

http://i43.tinypic.com/35lum9t.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/123r60p.jpg

These are the two latest letters they have sent me. I really cba with their b.s. , I sent a letter with proof of my move to uni and they obviously have not got it with them.

I also told them in the Christmas holidays that i've moved address. This is terrible, i am really stressed because i have no time to deal with this bull****.

Hi VVV,

You could either ignore them or ..............

Write confirming your current address (pointing out when you also supplied it previously) so they stop sending letters to YP's home.

Tell them you are too busy to keep firing letters back and forth and will not respond to any further demands or letters.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

VVV, for someone studying Law, I'm surprised you need to ask advise on this!

My 14 year old can create a letter with loads of red lettering! So SCARY!

Give me all your monies!

I think Veni is well aware of this, but is miffed that the letters are going to parents and wants the correspondence to them to stop. Also remember there are many areas of law, and this may not be Veni's forte.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar