Repossession Court date received for 6th March

lewte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me any advice. I have suffered with depression over the last 7 years. The last year being the worst. Have not worked much due to this, and have to admit I have buried my head in the sand :( Stupid i know. Since november i have not worked or claimed any benefits. I am now getting better and trying to sort things. I have been referred for councelling and have now claimed JSA and am activly looking for work.

My problem is, is there anything I can do as I live alone, JSA will not pay interest on mortgage for 13 weeks and I cannot come to an arrangement for a payment plan unless i am in work.

My arrears are £2,274 my mortgage is for £35,000 (inc arrears) and my house is worth aprox £75,000

so I am a long way from being in negative equity.

It there anything I can do ???

Many thanks (Scared to death)

I would suggest that you speal to Shelter as a matter of urgency, they are extremely experienced in this field.

Thank you. There doesnt appear to be a Shelter office near me when I have checked on their website... But I can give them a ring. I think there is a CHAS which I believe is similar.

Lewte

You can phone Shelter, as far as I remember their number is a free one. It may take a while to get through to them as they are very busy, but hang on in there because they will certainly be able to give you advice. I also found the National Debtline very helpful. Again, they have a free phone number so it might also be worth giving them a call.

You can phone Shelter, as far as I remember their number is a free one. It may take a while to get through to them as they are very busy, but hang on in there because they will certainly be able to give you advice. I also found the National Debtline very helpful. Again, they have a free phone number so it might also be worth giving them a call.

Yes thank you Mrs E ... have found shelters free phone number.... what a mess I'm in lol x

Have you informed your mortgagee that you are in the process of claiming benefits? If so, given the amount of equity in your property, they may be willing to wait a few more weeks until the SMI is payable and then capitalise the arrears onto the mortgage. There is no real danger to them in doing this as you have ample equity in the property. Is the mortgage repayment or interest only?

Have you informed your mortgagee that you are in the process of claiming benefits? If so, given the amount of equity in your property, they may be willing to wait a few more weeks until the SMI is payable and then capitalise the arrears onto the mortgage. There is no real danger to them in doing this as you have ample equity in the property. Is the mortgage repayment or interest only?

Hi Lea,

The mortgage is repayment and only £250 a month, so I know once working I can easy pay it plus extra every month. No I have not contacted the lender yet, kust got my head round this and applied for JSA yesterday. I will contact them on monday, my head is all over the place :) Thank you , all of, you are so kind.

It might be a good idea to write to your lender explaining your situation - we can help with a letter if you need us to ? Who is your lender ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes thank you Mrs E ... have found shelters free phone number.... what a mess I'm in lol x

It might all feel like a mess, but you are not alone and many of us have also been there:sad: The good thing though is that you are now taking a look at what you can do to sort things out. I know what depression can do to you (read the book, got the t-shirt etc, etc!) but I also know that facing up to the situation actually makes you feel a bit better. You will get good advice here - what you do with it is up to you, but it will give you a place to start from. Don't be afraid to ask questions, you can guarantee that whatever organisation you are talking to will have heard it all before and will probably have an answer for you. Good luck xx

• Confused 1

It might be a good idea to write to your lender explaining your situation - we can help with a letter if you need us to ? Who is your lender ?

Hi Ell-enn,

Could you really help me with a letter ? That would be much appreciated as I havent got a clue where to start and I know I havent done myself any favours by not contacting them before. The lender in Halifax (Bank of Scotland) but all my letters are coming from shoosmiths now .

Thank you

OK, I'll draft up a letter for you and affix here later.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, do you have any paperwork regarding your JSA claim? it would be helpful to be able to send a photocopy with the letter.