Thomas Cook Holidays/Airtours to Tenerife 10th July 2012

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found a holiday advertised on line with Thomas Cook on 23th Dec 2011 and thought that seems a good deal and booked for a weeks holiday on July 10th as only date given on advert. The total price quoted online was £938 less online discount of £578 left a payment due of ££360. plus £30 for choose your seats = £390.00. I paid the £200 deposit required leaving balance of £190.00. I do realise this was a comlete seemingly bargain deal but thought this may be due to Thomas Cook Financial Problems plus getting bums on seats so to speak plus it was during the Olympics period and may have been hard getting bookings at that time.

On the 31st December 11 we recieved a letter dated 29th Dec 11 stating that an obvious mistake had been made and the listing price was wrong and that the true price was £938.00 with a discount of £238.00 = £700.00 plus choose a seat £30 = £730.00 balance outstanding. They gave me 21 days to accept or my deposit would be refunded and holiday cancelled. Which is what happened as during this time inc closures for the new year period I was trying to get advise which was mostly unavailable apart from they should have given me 30 days to reply. Correspondence was sent to them via emails and phone calls but they now deny receiving any contact from me. I am continueing this on not only principal but also on the fact that this holiday was also advertised in all of the Thomas Cook shops for £192 each which although £12 more than on line assumed that was the shops profit.

Surely this is bad practice and against consumer rights , and my printed invoice stated this is confrmation of your booking, Congratulations , Only 199 Sleeps Till you Go Away, Final Price £390.00 includes ALL COSTS DISCOUNTS AND SURCHARGES . I have all printed docs etc from the online booking to prove this . I need advise please please please as my wife is not going to let this rest until I have done my best ! :|:mad2:

Join the club, had exactly the same problem with Direct Holidays (thomas cook in disguise) after numerous phone calls stating that a deal had been made they wanted an extra £600 or have my money back, they were basically laughing saying they are within their rights to do this and tough got my money back no apologies sorry or anything, I will not book with either of these companys ever again will pay more to go with any other operator, then you wonder why TC are in such a mess with their customer service being as pathetic as it is. Don't expect anything and don't waste your time and money phoning them, they will laugh at you stating that its your fault for booking at the advertised price, I wonder how many folk just pay the extra, very shady. Once bitten twice shy.