LG 50PS3000 Red Haze Issue - Currys vs Comet

Craig78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, not sure how to start this thread, so I'll start with the basics.

Purchased said Television from Comet on the 4th of September 2009. Went 'pop' on the 16th December 2011. Out of warranty, yes, however there's many others that have also suffered the same problem. Most of whom bought their's from Currys and were offered a refundable £60 technicians report, and if the TV was found to be faulty via a manufacturing defect then the Television was repaired for free and the £60 refunded.

There's a thread on the AV Forums (not sure if I can link to it...if not, just Google "LG Red Haze" and you'll find it.

Now here's the thing, I personally haven't made first contact with Comet yet, as I was waiting on someone else's experiences before I did. Having heard about the way Comet have completely stonewalled him, I was reluctant to even bother.

So, I'm just wondering what to do next? I'm just perplexed how Currys are completely willing to fix these Televisions, yet Comet aren't even acknowledging there's even anything wrong with them!

As I said, I haven't made contact with Comet yet, but I'm about to speak to the chap who has, and, who will (hopefully) post here soon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Craig

if its a known issue then you should have no problems under SOGA

forget the warranty thats extra and is in addition to your statutory rights

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/forcustomers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

LG 50PS3000 - red haze on screen

Published (2012-02-01 19:13:00)

Quote: Originally Posted by leedavidsonuk hello again just got my tv back from currys all in working order they also enclosed the service report which confirmed it being the "x-sustain board" that was causing the problems (part no. EBR55360601) and also confirmed it is a "manufacturer fault". now im just waiting on them calling me back to refund my inspection fee, so glad i came across this forum as i was close to taking...

Hi Craig ,

Thats the CURRYS take on this known issue it would seem .

Will COMET follow them ? (They do on most other things)

dx will keep you right regarding the SOGA procedure if you are not sure .

More info on the "RED HAZE" here http://boardreader.com/thread/LG_50PS3000_red_haze_on_screen_8pj4jXtbiw.html?o=10

Just to add ,

(This topic has 117 posts regarding the "Red Haze" fault with this LG 50PS3000 at this moment and also a few pictures of the fault symptoms .

and will act as a usefull guide to other owners on CAG )

On reading many of the posts it seems clear CURRYS have held their hands up COMET have never seen the fault before LOL

and are not so interested regarding any kind of manufacturing or inherent fault with this Model.

My guess is they will have to adapt sooner rather than later and put their hands up to .

I would suggest you make contact with COMET and start the ball rolling .

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy

good find gb

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...