Prestige prt295ffss failed after 30 months

Yellowpinkie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm experiencing the same problems with a prestige prt295ffss fridge freezer that lots of people here are reporting - 30 months old, worked fine until recently then temperatures went up and up and now it doesn't work at all. No extended warranty so paid the £69 engineer inspection fee to be told that the compressor's gone. He left us with a couple of options, the best of which was £105 to repair (on top of the £69 we' ve already paid).

I spoke to customer services and queried it but got the brush-off. Just looking for advice as to whether it's worth pursuing under SOGA or not under grounds of durability. There are lots of similar threads here but I've not seen any where comet ended up agreeing to do a f.o.c. repair.

Many thanks

Richard

Hi Richard ,

The engineer has examined your Fridge Freezer his report states the compressor has packed in .

He does not decide anything regarding FOC repair at this moment

However a compressor is classed as a MAJOR component in the Fridge/Freezer which he has confirmed as faulty and this part would be expected to last more than 30 months .

I would suggest emailing and also writing to the top of the tree regarding this major component failure and put it to them what are they going to do about it.

No point in going to any Retail Store or anything like that go to the top .

Contacts can be found in other threads.

COMET are well aware of this procedure and should offer you some kind of redress especially as you now have a written report by their Engineer .

I would suggest this is your first line of attack , see what they come back with first , before proceeding to the next step if required .

You may even get a COMET rep responding to your post as they do look in from time to time.

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again

We wrote to comet asking them to repair the freezer and refund the inspection fee under SOGA but they've replied with what I assume is the standard letter stating that the act isn't a guarantee nor does it require a product to remain fault free until the end of its accepted working life, and as it's 33 months old they consider that it's met the act's requirements. Upshot is they still want to charge for repairs.

Any thoughts about what we should do now? To recap - the freezer was bought for £430 in May '09 and now, as certified by the comet engineer, the compressor's gone and they've washed their hands.

Thanks in advance

Ric

• 7 months later...

Hi Richard ,

Thanks for the update allbeit very disappointing .

Yet another Thread where a Customers issue has NOT been RESOLVED by COMET and another lost Customer for them , very sad and very bad this seems to be the norm now .

Regards

GorgieBoy