style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning while on CAG my Avast firewall/AV has thrown up several malicious URL alerts and blocked the affected site, which I think must be loading via the adserver.

Happens when first logging on, opening threads from Control Panel, when editing a post, or using the back button etc.

the blocked URL is: indikatorl.in/z/nukgb

I've had adserver URLs stopping me using my "back button" for a while on CAG, but this malware is a different matter and quite concerning.

Hope webby will check it out, pretty please? :-)

regards,

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

• 2 months later...

The best anti malware (and indeed antivirus) i have ever come across by far is malwarebytes from malwarebytes org

I've known it remove malware and viruses other antivirus software doesn't even detect and it has never let me down.

It is free (although there is a premium version which simply gives an on the fly monitoring facility as opposed to a manual scan). it has a fantastic reputation for doing an excellent job and I highly recommend this to anybody who cares about keeping there computer clean and healthy.

I also use an incredible 'virtual browsing' app called 'Sandboxie'. This is also free and is probably my most prized piece of software next to antimalwarebytes.

Sandboxie once installed (again free) allows you to access the internet through the sandboxie interface BUT... the internet only see's your system as a virtual sandbox thus anything done through sandboxie cannot touch your hard drive or harm your computer.

There is plenty of info about both these apps online such as you tube, tech forums etc.

Using both these my PC has never been as safe as it is today.

Edited by eskimoman

simple ans is to never browse the internet with an windows user/account that has admin rights!

you are asking for trouble if you do that

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was only happening on CAG, Dx..stopped after a day. Related to the google adserver methinks. My PC is totally clean.

I'm very keen (obsessive LOL) on security and indeed any sensitive transactions I do are done in a "safe zone" provided by my AV (Avast) which is completely isolated with its' own browser. I highly recommended it for online banking, Paypal logon etc.

Sounds like a similar system to the Sandboxie..

• 4 weeks later...

malwarebytes is not an antivirus program, You still need to use and anti virus prog. avast or avira are free. Just make sure You don't let them down load any offers ( take the tick out of anything you don't want)