donations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..This site is always grateful for any donation.When did you send a donation?

I will say thank you, as it is people like you that keep the site going.Your donation gives people the chance to fight back and get out of debt,maybe save their homes too from repossesion..So i will say thank you for your help.And i am sure you will get a lot more people on here soon saying that too.

Good luck with your claims

Ukaviator

Uk. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I'll say thank you too.

You raise a good point, although I have to say when I donated, even before my claim, it didn't occur to me that I wasn't thanked. I was just grateful to be given the ways and means of making a successful claim

I don't know, but I suspect that when you donate via PayPal there is no way of identifying the donor because most people use User Names and I don't think that PayPal pass on thier email address, so there is no means of being able to thank donors personally.

Ok, then, Yellowyam, here is your own bit of personal glory........

.........your very own thankyou.

thank-you.gif

PLEASE NOTE..... When I make a donation, it will not be made in my name.

The fact that I have contributed to keeping this site alive for the benefit of other users will be all the thanks that I want.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thankyou to you and all other members who have donated and or contributed to this site. The place really does make a differance to a lot of people and receiving advice in certain areas that this forum covers can really change lives.

The true thankyou comes from seeing people benifit and work together for each other.

Regarding a personnel thankyou as Michael said, contributions (donations) are given in confidence and using paypal is not really connected to your account on the forum.

i have donated some monies from my loot and no one has sent a thank you note.

this is disgraceful. u ask for donation and no thank you.

mike

not happy.

Did you post a thankyou note to DAve & BF when you found the site?

There are so many people on this site that it would not be constructive to keep sending thank you messages back and forth - however your donation will have been gratefully received as I am sure you are grateful that you found the site and were able to claim back your money using the tools and knowledge that it offers for free.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Well....Thank you I suppose, thank you for helping to keep this site going so that people like you will find it, and people like you can avail of the services it offers, people like you can simply copy and paste letters to your banks from the templates library so that people like you can be handed a great big fat cheque from your bank.

Funnily enough it says donation, I never had someone from Breast Cancer research or RSPCA call me to thank me for my donation into a bucket in the town centre.But I thank goodness for their services as otherwise my mum wouldnt be alive nor would a poor dog that was abused by a neighbour of mine. I also thank goodness for this site and to Dave and Bankfodder for setting it up, otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford my step-daughters birthday pressie this week - I didnt expect to receive any kind of thank you when I donated, I benefited from a service, what else did I want?

you see there is alot of thanks going around, and alot of thank goodness for this and that, but does it mean that we need to thank each other personally to show we are thankful or does a simple donation suffice?

Will leave you to decide.

Sorry rant over!!! :)

• Confused 1

Hi All

Its funny how differently we all think. I searched for this title thread because I just joined yesterday and posted a thread about a debt that has been going on for over 5 years. I have received replies that have been very helpful and after reading those replies and some of the information on this site my initial reaction was as follows. I want my dca harrassement to stop as I do not owe any money and when I am successful due to the advice from members on this site I want to make a personal donation regardless of how little or large it may be. If tomorrow I was awarded compensation for all the suffering I have had to bear due to dca I would donate to this site without a second thought.

If an acknowledge of thanks didn't come to me I wouldn't care because I know that the time to send me a personal thank you, is time that could be spent helping another person on this site. For the first time in 5 years I feel that I will conquer and remove these dca completely just by finding this site.

btw look out for my thread in the welcome section all advice is appreciated.

Mike I want to say thanks to you because of your donation this site is still running and someone like myself will benefit from it so thanks alot.

Actually, I'll check for you, because I know that each and everyone of our donors used to get a thank you, and not just an automated one either.

If you can be bothered (don't blame you if not, lol), we have an Amazon book vouchers thread from before the donation system was installed, and the forum owners used to put a thank you in there as well. Mind you, that was when we were starry-eyes because we'd gone over the 5000 users!!!! ;-)

I know we have had problems with the e-mail facility for weeks, so I wonder of that has something to do with it. I don't actually know, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. A little less belligerent might have been nice, but I understand where you're coming from. ;-)

Firstly, please accept my apology for not thanking you personally.

We do try to thank everyone who donates, but yesterday we not only had a mass mailing go out - which a) resulted in my being banned from pretty much every ISP in the country as a spammer (since Sunday) - which I am not - which means I cannot send mail to virtually anyone - b) we are moving mail hosts at the moment and due to our last host not being very happy about it - we've found a more reliable one and it's cheaper - they have been dragging their heels for about 3 months!!! So I wouldn't have been able to mail anyone from a CAG or BAG address, and c) resulted in me being flat out responding to emails from people asking "can I get my bank charges back?" (or in many cases, simply "bank charges" ???? ) (to give you some idea, my inbox stands at 5863 unanswered emails so far! We've enlisted some help thankfully!)

It certainly wasn't snub as we very much appreciate every donation that we receive however big or small.

Bizzarrely, BF's ISP has had some trouble over the last couple of days too - it couldn't have come a t a worse time TBH, so even he couldn't respond via email to say thank you.

I actually thought I'd upset him when he didn't respond to my emails yesterday!

I personally would like to say thank you for your donation, and I really do mean that. Many people simple take the money and run, and we appreciate those that don't very much as it helps us to continue to help others.

While I'm here (and in a thanking mood), I'd like to thank my mum and dad - and no, it's not an Oscar speech!! - they actually take the books to the post office for me when people buy them as their little way of helping everyone, as I only get 30 mins for lunch and I can't queue up in a post office for 2 hours every day!

Donations don't exactly flood in, so I hadn't really expected any - sorry.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------