Ripped off - bought car from a garage

col0101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Consumer Direct have told me to send a letter asking for my money back but can't see that happening. Just have to wait until after 10 working days then ring again.

They have said I've got a case under the SOGA but we shall see.

I agree col.. those scrapyard mateys are hardly likely to give you an envelope full of cash with a smile and a 'sorry sir'.

I'd try to get them to fit and supply a replacement engine as your next move.. .but its a difficult one I know

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am willing to bet consumer direct will have told him he bought a car from a scrapyard sold with a quite legal disclaimer saying spares/repairs. If this sales method was advertised t the OP when he bought the car and signed the reciept then sorry the scrapyard have not acted illegally. Immorally, totally.

Do I think he was ripped off? Yes! But do I think the garage has acted illegally? No!

What was that Gray? :whistle:

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

What was that Gray? :whistle:

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Not really making any sense to me sailor sam. Can you clarify?

Sam is pointing out that you siad I bet CAB tell him he's got no chance when in fact it seems the opposite is the case according to them.

i got it straightaway.. specsavers have a sale on if oyu're interested??

Despite what TS etc say though I think the OP wil have a hard time getting any money out of them. I really don't know his best way forward.

Sam is pointing out that you siad I bet CAB tell him he's got no chance when in fact it seems the opposite is the case according to them.

i got it straightaway.. specsavers have a sale on if oyu're interested??

Hey sod off! lol Its not my fault I didn't listen when she said I'd get hair on my hands and go blind if I kept doing that!

Trading standards are a big old toothless giant bob. They are unable to actually do anything for the OP. Only thing they can do is give advice, But getting the result is a completely different matter.

:whoo::whoo::whoo:Da Da Da Da DA DA, another one bites the dust...

Please Note

Excellent news, well done OP, we're all pleased for you I'm sure... at least the seller did the right thing.. AND I think this shows that you ARE much more likely to be able to resolve things with a business seller as oposed to a private sale.