redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, on thursday myself and several other employees were gathered together at the beggining of the working day and told by the boss thats it no more work youre all finished. we removed our belongings, then got a letter after waiting hours. the letter said the termination was due to lack of work. i also got a great reference. it was 16 yrs service so i wrote to them asking for my redundancy entitlement.

i then got a letter saying i was summary dismissed for gross misconduct by threatening a director which i didnt do and i forfeited my entitlement? can i be dismissed twice?????

Is there more to this than meets the eye? Did you exchange any words with the Director?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Were any of the following documents dated?

The letter you recieved stating that your dismissal was due to lack of work.

The great reference.

The letter stating that you had been dismissed for Gross Misconduct.

Were they all signed by the same person?

Did the GM dismissal letter mention when the alleged incident took place, the investigation they undertook, the disciplinary hearing that you attended accompanied by a work colleague or union rep as was your right, the dismissal letter that they sent you after the disciplinary hearing informing you of your right to appeal their decision........etc.?

Did you keep a copy of the the letter you sent asking for your redundancy payment?

Did you send it by recorded delivery?

Are you aware that you are also entitled to notice pay and any accrued untaken holiday pay?

Edited by mariefab
adding a question

Mariefab has raised all the key bullets point,

In order for us to be able to advise further these key points need to be known, because if you never attended a disciplinary hearing, or even made aware of one, then there is no dismissal on the grounds of Gross Misconduct, and that is simply a cop out.

Waiting for further info before advising further, please be mindfull that the paper trail must start asap.

Time to use the 3 d`s and c`s, document,document,document. Challenge challenge challenge.