virgin wont let me leave!

SteveBD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.. I have just joined this wonderful site and have spent time reading through many threads. I have had the same trouble with V.M. I had heard of many other people who had experienced problems with this crowd, so that when I did not renew my 12 month contract I was prepared for them ( Or so I Thought!!!)

I did everything by their book. 1. I gave them 30 days notice contacted them on the 10th August2010 - to cease service 10th September 2010

2. I wrote to them 11th August 2010. repeating IN writing the above ( did not trust the telephone adviser) sent recorded delivery

3 I received an empty box, with a pre paid post label. with an rather rude letter DEMANDING I return their equipment, this was dated 20th September, demanding return within 14 days ( I had given them the required 30 days notice, so in effect paying for service until 10 September, I returned the box and paid for my own recorded delivery

4 I cancelled my Direct debit. writing to VM to inform them,

AT this stage. the contact had ceased 10th September, I had given 30 days notice, and as of 10th September I Owed them ZERO..

In November I started receiving calls from VM and a letter informing me that thier D/D for September & October had been returned and I had defaulted on my Payments to the tune of £56.90

First I was polite and explained that the account was closed since August. I was told " NO IT WAS NOT" and I still had two months to pay.

After another month of rude and demanding payment calls ( on my mobile) I informed them that I was report them to OFT. It went quiet for 2 months, after which I started receiving threatening letters from 3 DCA one being Rossendales.

I have just received (December 2011) another letter from Rossendales Threatening a doorstep visit, I am now completely fed up with VM , & Rossers have threaten a counter claim form Compensation (letters written) Expenses ect.

My Virgin Account was closed correctly I went to great lengths to ensure I did everything properly. yet they are still trying to get £56 from me. This possible practice of demanding money when the account is closed. must be illegal. but I myself know of many people who have Just paid the amount demanded by VM.

I would love to get these [EDIT] into court to prove I am correct.. but how can it be done??

Edited by silverfox1961
removed slightly naughty word

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your post from the end of an existing thread and made you a new thread. this will ensure you don't get missed.

As you had read the other thread, I would suggest you email the top dog again. I also edited out a possible libel word

As for Rossendales, I suspect they have their debt collector hat on rather than the bailiffs hat. Stay off the phone and deal with them in writing and tell them to either put this account on hold while you berate VM or pass it back.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanx for the edit.. I must be more careful.

I may be wrong and ill advised, but I am not really too concerned about a DCA looking for money,, As they would have to prove that there is in fact a debt. which in this case would be impossible( unless I have missed something in closing the account). I would like to be on the offensive with VM. not defensive with a DCA.. because to me, trying to obtain money in this manner is wrong and should be challenged.

I don't think you did anything wrong in cancelling the account, just VMs p**s poor customer service.

I would advise you check your credit file as well. They may have placed a default without your knowledge.

As for Rossers, if you are fine ignoring them then good for you.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I did check my credit file.. and NO default notice. I don't think i'll just ignore Rossendales,(would like too) but I tend to reply with the polite suggestion they offer proof of the debt/monies owed, and do suggest they refer back to VM, as they may have made an error!!

Do you agree

I did check my credit file.. and NO default notice. I don't think i'll just ignore Rossendales,(would like too) but I tend to reply with the polite suggestion they offer proof of the debt/monies owed, and do suggest they refer back to VM, as they may have made an error!!

Do you agree

You are a lot like me. I like to deal head on too.

A simple 'prove it' letter from the library should suffice and you can add your bit about this being a VM cock-up.

This case really makes me wonder if it is a VM cock up. or a thought up plan to get an extra few quid out of customers leaving the fold, I know people who just paid up!! for an easy life or fear the threats OR maybe I am just over thinking the whole issue.. another thing surely if VM believed it to be a genuine default they would have registered a default notice

Not all companies place defaults so it may be the reason they haven't done so. I think BT is one that doesn't either.

Just a brief update from VM...

Thier attitude is after the please stay is there anything we can do begging phone calls is..... we've closed your account and called off the dogs and thats that!.. As for the pain, misery, upset and poor service we provided well thats tough really!....

The email we sent to Neil Berkett, Rossendales, OFT and Herts trading standards has now been logged as a complaint by HTS and they are interested in its progress.

A quick question... Is it time to request full details of the account under the DPA with view of sending a letter before action? We will now be seeking full repayment for the poor service and the distress it caused closing the account.

Originally....

We asked for a goodwill gesture because we recieved poor service and the drama getting the account closed that would have brought the matter to a close we was basically told to do one!

Here's one for the scrap book.. after all the troubles with VM as told above.

I have just opened a letter from VM (in House Collections) Quote " If you dont pay the outstanding balance of £72.40 ( increase of £15.50) we will have NO choice but to DISCONNECT your service!!!!!

What a Joke this group is.. I sent back there stupid box and had service disconnected in SEPTEMBER 2010.. I think after ROSSERS received my reply to their last threat they (Rossers) have sent the problem back to VM... who in their wisdom have re-issued recovery procedures.. and added £15.00 for the honour..

I would like to play these fools for what they are.. Any idea's would gratefully received

I can prove without reasonable doubt I owed them NIL.. ZERO.. as of 10th Sept 2010

Should I laugh at stupidity, or cry in Dis-belief