Counter offer withdrawal help needed urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help as Im really angry with my employers. I have been with them for 18 months and I handed in my notice in december as I had a fantastic iopportunity to go to but they counter offered and promoted me so I decided to stay. The new role is an engineers position on the road and I gave them a copy of my driving license yesterday. My license has a DR10 which is spent from 6.5 years ago. My employer are now saying that I have hid this from them and they are checking with their insurance company as to whether I can be in the role otherwise they will have to withdraw the counter offer and I have then lost out in eevry way. The counter offer letter I received from my employer only stated a full UK driving license.

Can someone please give me some urgent advice. Thanks

Can someone please help as Im really angry with my employers. I have been with them for 18 months and I handed in my notice in december as I had a fantastic iopportunity to go to but they counter offered and promoted me so I decided to stay. The new role is an engineers position on the road and I gave them a copy of my driving license yesterday. My license has a DR10 which is spent from 6.5 years ago. My employer are now saying that I have hid this from them and they are checking with their insurance company as to whether I can be in the role otherwise they will have to withdraw the counter offer and I have then lost out in eevry way. The counter offer letter I received from my employer only stated a full UK driving license.

Can someone please give me some urgent advice. Thanks

They would have needed to state Full, CLEAN, driving licence. If the offence is that old it will not make any difference to the insurance and would have dropped of your licence anyway.

good luck with the outcome !

Send your licence to the DVLA expired points/convictions

can be removed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I thought they had to stay on there for 10 years hence the reason its still there? I personally dont think it will make any difference to the insurance but just wanted to check my rights if they do withdraw the offer, do I actually have any?

Do they have an HR handbook setting out grievence procedures,if

so you would be best to see what that says.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They would have needed to state Full, CLEAN, driving licence. If the offence is that old it will not make any difference to the insurance and would have dropped of your licence anyway.

good luck with the outcome !

Not quite so. A DR10 must be notified to the insurance company for so long as the conviction remains on the licence, and it would almost certainly affect the insurance. Some insurers will not insure anybody with a DR10 full stop, and this would be ample reason for a job offer to be withdrawn - even where the job requirement did not specify that the licence must be clean. The employer may have offered the position in good faith, but where circumstances which are out of the employer's control affect the viability of the position, the employer could justify dismissal or withdrawal of a promotion for SOSR.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Not quite so. A DR10 must be notified to the insurance company for so long as the conviction remains on the licence, and it would almost certainly affect the insurance. Some insurers will not insure anybody with a DR10 full stop, and this would be ample reason for a job offer to be withdrawn - even where the job requirement did not specify that the licence must be clean. The employer may have offered the position in good faith, but where circumstances which are out of the employer's control affect the viability of the position, the employer could justify dismissal or withdrawal of a promotion for SOSR.

Got to agree with sidewinder on this. It's a non disclosure of a material fact that could well be necessary to do do the job.