style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm Mary I'm new here as a poster but long time observer.

I wondered if someone could help me with a situation I'm having regarding JD Williams, I'll try to add as much detail as I can.

Firstly they said I owed £573, after I sent them a Unlawful Charges Form and a LBL that went down to £118, So I wrote asking them if I could pay that off £20 a month on the 26th of every month. They wrote to me saying yes with a direct debit form. ... However they tried to take the money out on the 21st twice and my wages weren't in there yet.

So then I asked if I could set up a standing order in which £20 would come out every 26th and they agreed and gave me their account details, but they added on more charges for missed payments, also a charge as I only paid £20 instead of what they claim is the mimium of £60, now the debt has gone back up to £207

I have a CCA from them to but it's just a "Reconstituted" copt of the original.

Is there anything I can do now? thanks.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I would write a formal complaint along with another charges reclaim telling them about their silly actions as I bet one department doesn't talk to the other.

You had agreed a payment date. They decided that wasn't good enough. Not your fault.

From now on, deal with this in writing only. They will say things on the phone that they would never dare put in a letter

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi thanks for your reply, SO far this has all been in writing yes. Would you also suggest I cancel the current Standing Order while I reclaim charges or leave that running? Also would it be any help if I requested a True Copy of my CCA from them?

For now, checking to see if an agreement is unenforeceable is a bit of a lame duck. You send a CCA request-they send back a reconstituted agreement and say they have complied. How are you to know if what they have sent you is a true copy unless you have kept the original agreement.

I would concentrate on getting the charges refunded again and setting up a standing order for the balance. I would however set it up for less as a penalty to them for mucking you about. :-)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

You would have thought so but a court case in 2009 closed that door (for now) They ruled that the creditor could supply a reconstituted agreement so long as it was a 'true copy'

Any accounts taken out after April 2007, the creditor doesn't even need an agreement, just proof an account was started (statements)

I think what you are thinking of is the Carey judgement. What was said was that if the terms and conditions were varied then a copy of the original 'should' be produced.

So long as any reconstruction is basically the same and includes the address you were at when the agreement was signed, I would be very reluctant to ask a court to rule in unenforceable which is what you are asking. Just telling a DCA that the agreement is unenforeceable does not mean the debt didnt exist, just that they cannot use the courts to enforce it. They can still harass you and stuff your credit file for years and years.

Your choice as to what info you accept of course. Ours or the other sites

with a recon and a clear financial link any judge would bury you.

get reclaiming most cat debts are littered with unlawfull fees.

cag does not condone debt avoidance

they really are a disgusting co to deal with sadly

did you fill in an soc spreadsheet & include interest on the charges reclaim?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

treat as a CC claim see my sig

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, could anyone help me, i am also suffering at the hands of jd williams, after reading the above i have decided to do an s.a.r. I have a few accounts with jd williams please could you tell me whether i have to pay £10 per account or one payment of £10 for all the info i need?

Thank you

Hi, could anyone help me, i am also suffering at the hands of jd williams, after reading the above i have decided to do an s.a.r. I have a few accounts with jd williams please could you tell me whether i have to pay £10 per account or one payment of £10 for all the info i need?

Thank you

start your own thread

but its only one sar per company inc all your old addreesses though

dx

and they