Help with loan consolidation with Santander

jdmave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Alll

Not sure if posted in correct place but here goes.....

The situation

Debt

Abbey Loan = £2000 (1 year to go ) roughly £116 a month

Abbey Credit card = £4000 (paying min each month) roughly £148 amonth (repayment term forever)

Cahoot Flexi Loan sold to Santander interest rate gone through roof = £4000 (pay min each month) roughly £148 a month (Repayment term forever)

Unfortunately I was made redundant early 2010 and missed 2 months payment on all 3 accounts, however now back in employment and have caught up with all the arrears and back on track.

I contacted Abbey to try and consolidate debts so that i had 1 payment per month and a fixed period at which point i'd be clear of debts however they declined as my credit score with expieran showed i'd defaulted even though they acknowledged I was now back on target and at thier own current loan rate's I would be paying 25% less per month and clearing debt in shorter period (see example below).

I.e current Santander loan rates Jan 2011

Debt £10.000k, over 3 year repayment period = £309.4 (7.4%) - A saving of over £100 per month in payments and knowing i'd be clear of debt in 3 years.

I also approached Barclays bank and they declined again due to my credit score with experian...

So any ideas or suggestions most welcome or do i just sit back and carry on as I am?

Regards and best wishes to all

Jdmave

reclaiming of charges & PPI?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hiya

I didnt have any PPi cover and charges where £120 which i paid as knew it was my fault at the time but now feel that I should try and claim these back just for the fact they clearly didnt want to help and would rather make more money out of me by trying to keep things as is..

Larger payments and years longer term

Regards

Julian