Clamp on a car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can you remove your car if its had a Clamp put on the car ?

as I can go pick up my mum's car with the lorry my self and drop the front damper an wheel off with the Drive shaft and leave them with the clamp to pick up from the work shop

as it should of never been given a clamp as she has her blue badge in the car

as it will take them a few hours to come and remove the clamp now err and she wants to go home

Yep, you can do that as far as I am aware. You can remove the clamp at your leisure once the car is off the private property. Leave the clamp there, let them know. They shouldn't be immobilising cars with blue badges.

No criminal damage, no loss - no problem.

Can't even try to charge you for 'clamp removal' as you didn't require that particular service!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

and this is a private car park too?

really where

name and shame it all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

removed the car with the pick up and 30 mins latter the clamp was off her car

I Will get the name off the car park when I see her on friday morning

I will send it back to the company that put it on the car police said its a civil matter and did not want to know I just had a friend pic the car up

it was in a retail shopping center with the car parked in a bay

the badge was on the sun visor and be seen from out side the front of the car she has never had a problem with it

the company boss will call me in morning and I Will drop the clamp back with No damage at all

private parking then

blue badges mean nowt sadly

neither do any road markings

they are purely graffitti.

she REALLY needs to complain to the retailer

clamping a customer is outrageous

gladly its being out lawed very very soon.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To clamp legally you need an SIA licence. Part of the requirements of that licence is that you don't clamp cars with a valid Blue badge on show!

PS: well done on getting the clamp off and depriving them of their ill-gotten gains!

The point has previously been made that blue badges mean nothing on private property.

That fact works both ways...

While they don't convey any special right to park in private car parks, it's illegal to clamp a vehicle which is displaying a blue badge if a release fee is to be charged by virtue of the the Private Security Industry Act 2001 (Licences) Regulations 2007 Section 6

the licensee shall not immobilise, remove or restrict a vehicle in accordance with paragraph 3 or 3A of Schedule 2 to the 2001 Act if the vehicle is an invalid carriage or if a valid disability badge is displayed on the vehicle or if the vehicle is an emergency vehicle which is in use
Anyone who does so is acting outwith the terms of his SIA licence, and therefore liable to a fine of up to £5000 and/or 6 months in prison (Private Security Industry Act 2001 Section 3)

The OP or his mum should go back to the police to report this criminal offence. Understand and print out the relevant legislation and take it along to the station to show them that in this case it's not "a civil matter sir".

Edited by Aretnap