Penalty Charge Notice - 17 days ago.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just returned from work from a half day all pleased with my self to find the good chaps at Waltham Forest Council are trying to string me for 65 quid.

My contravention?

Entering and stopping in a box junction.

Now the date of my 'offence' was 3rd December yet I only received the letter today, seventeen days later.

Can the ticket be quashed for this?

I seem to have an idea in my head that notices must be received within 14 days.

If not, does anyone know any reasonable grounds for appeal?

I am going to look the location up on google to see if there are traffic lights just before and if so say something along the lines of the car behind me was too close to stop.

I just cannot believe that, in a recession, people are being paid to watch cameras and see for people blocking box junctions.

Come on happens to everyone occasionally, especially in unfamiliar locations.

May I add that I am not blocking the junction although the rear half of my car is over the box.

Obviously the traffic had stopped.

I have no idea if I was in the junction for a long time?

Mine and the two cars in front brake lights are on so possible traffic could have slammed to a stop for a few seconds.

I would need to see the video I guess.

However, video can only been seen in local office Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.

Great for me who works in an office with people on holiday near Stansted airport 7am-5:30pm.

(EDIT: I've just reread this and I know this is kind of contradictory with the half day point

(just a bit of background about how these people blight the lives of normal people lol)

so please don't say something along the lines of you could of gone today etc).

How is this fair?!?!?

Sorry its been a bit rambling at the end! Any advice greatly appreciated

(fast responses appreciated even more lol).

Many thanks,

L Nisbet

Hi,

Ok so the too long option is out of the window. How about the car behind being too close? Feasible? I may also go and view the footage now if I can in order to determine how long I was in the junction for...thoughts?

Hi,

Ok so the too long option is out of the window. How about the car behind being too close? Feasible? I may also go and view the footage now if I can in order to determine how long I was in the junction for...thoughts?

If the car behind is too close thats his problem not yours, it doesn't really make much difference how long you are in the junction the offence is stopping in the junction due to stationary traffic.

If the car behind is too close thats his problem not yours, it doesn't really make much difference how long you are in the junction the offence is stopping in the junction due to stationary traffic.

The offence isn't "stopping in the box" it is "entering the box when your exit isn't clear".

None of this helps the OP so far though and, unfortunately, because it is a moving traffic offence, the only way to review it is on a "moving camera" i.e. the CCTV evidence. You need to view the recording paying attention to the situation prior to, and as you enter the box. You need to determine whether the developing traffic situation should have prompted you to delay your entry until you knew the exit was clearing or identify if something happened AFTER you entered the box that subsequently prevented you from leaving that you couldn't have anticipated.

:deadhorse:I give up.

What is the problem? You said it was an offence to enter a box junction if the exit is not clear.....that is not true! The offence is.....

no person shall cause a vehicle to enter the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of stationary vehicles

It is perfectly legal to enter if the exit is blocked providing that by the time you reach the otherside the traffic has gone.