IB to ESA the fun begins

debt4get
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not good,

on JSA you should get single rate DP and minus your pension in as a weekly figure

£71 + £30.35 - pension.

I think JSA, not my benefit but Flumps will correct

I am assuming you dont have to claim as a couple because your wife is claiming IB.

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

yeah wife claiming ib she is now 60 but because they have changed pension age we cant claim pension credit ...so are you saying I will lose the 35 quid a week off jsa of 71?

not good,

on JSA you should get single rate DP and minus your pension in as a weekly figure

£71 + £30.35 - pension.

I think JSA, not my benefit but Flumps will correct

I am assuming you dont have to claim as a couple because your wife is claiming IB.

lol neck on line :)

as sir alex says its squeeky b*m time

little confused as to your reply do I not claim as a couple as wife claims IB cos every calculator Ive put in wife and her income

would we be better off claiming singly? or as a couple?

sorry Debt4get

I thought as your wife was claiming IB and unable to work you could claim JSA as a single person.

as a single person you would have got £71, plus the DP of £30.05, you get this because of your DLA, then take away your pension.

But I am wrong

http://www.cpag.org.uk/cro/wrb/wrb160/jsa.htm#circs

you will have to claim as a couple, either JSA, if you are the customer and she as the partner,

or I.S , if she claims for you, with your wife as the customer and you as the partner.

I think when she goes over to state pension then you can claim JSA for yourself.

what ever you claim it will be couple rate, couple rate DP, less your pension and her IB..

The figures you got out of the benefit calculator where correct.

You are getting the £71 figure from the Gov site because , this is a single person claiming JSA only,

How were you managing to claim ESA then, did you have her on your claim?

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

no was on ib long term but moved over to esa... atos in wisdom said i could return to work in a wheelchair after 3 months dwp didnt tell me for 8 weeks leaving four more weeks of benefit before I have to either appeal(this is now 2 weeks as benefit ceases on 30th of this month~) or claim jsa....seems to me the appeal rate would be better for us and the time taking for them to get to tribunal is im told getting on for 9 months, and who knows tribunal may reinstate...stranger things have happened....cant see anyone employing me now but hey you never know....wife not due for state pension for another year or so as she got caught in the age group that got hit....

and if you sign on JSA you will have to look for work and attend the Jobcentre every two weeks

and by what you have said you dont seem up to it for sure.

You can still appeal ESA and she can claim I.S for you

whats the figures like between those two options..

oh i agree if she claims i.s. it comes out at just over 20 quid a week plus full council tax rebate which we pay in full at the mo...and wouldnt have to attend jobcentre to sign on....will put in figures for esa appeal and see what that comes out at....surely we would have too much for appeal esa and I.S. but will put in the figures and and check back thanks for all the help so far

Sorry confused, does your wife receive IB or ESA?

If IB then yes she can make a claim for IS top up but if it's ESA then she can claim income related ESA. Your pension will be taken into account against te IS or IR ESA and works out to £32.30 per week to be deducted.

If you made a claim for JSA it would have to be either a contribution based JSA claim (and if you have been claiming ESAthere is a pssibility that you may not receive any payment due to the contribution conditions) and if you make the claim for Income Based JSA it will be a joint claim where you would both need to attend the office and your wife could request an exempition from signing due to her health condition at the New Claim Interview.

my wife still receives IB I still get IB until end of may when i lose my entitlement on IB to ESA due to nil points.....I am at the moment not entitled to ESA unless i appeal...and then assume will get assessment rate...for ESA...is that correct? cant claim contribution jsa as havent worked for last 5 years

Yes your ESA appeal rate would be taken into account if on I.S..

so would knock you off.

I thought you were on ESA Income Based but as you have said you came off long term IB so I figure its not.

You would be better off then on the ESA appeal rate,

but are you sure you can get the £71 Esa assesment rate paid to you during the appeal.

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

I am trying to rack my brain, have seen claims where a couple both have been on IB and IS.

The partner goes over to ESA, from IB, so we change that over on the claim.

He then fails the medical so we remove his ESA off the claim.

He appeals but I cant remember ever putting the assesment rate on a claim.

Now maybe this is because he is a partner on a IS claim.

But as IS is income based, I would have presumed if he was entitled to the assesment rate he would have been awarded it and we would have taken it into account.

You are not on I.S of course and the above may not apply to you.

But it may be worth checking it out before the event.

perhaps giving your BDC a ring.

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

right just put figures into benefit calculator and it seems I am not entitled to bu**er all on ESA income based even on assessment rate...apart from a little bit of council tax...re your above post we have never been entitled to IS so have never claimed it...we were not entitled to council tax rebate so have been paying that in full as well...perhaps we would be better off splitting up me getting a flat and let them pay on both then...

If you arent entitled to the assesment rate whilst appealing you WILL be entitled to I.S

you have done the calc :)

I would ring them ask them are you entitled to payment whilst appealing,

if not then claim I.S.

at least you would get full housing benefit

yeah just put figures in again for assessment rate and your right no entitlement to ESA income based...it looks like it is gonna be I.S. this govt is gonna have us destitute before their through...

debt dont give up :)

Put your appeal in against your ESA but claim I.S with your partner whilst its being heard...

Then if you win you can go back on ESA. on the grounds as before, protected by your old IB rules

And I have every hope you will win...

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

thanks for the kind words mikey but even appealing esa is gonna do me no good when i put figures of my pension 35.00 pound per week in it immediately tells me with my wifes 99.50 IB that I am NOT entitled to esa cont rate...so appealing is going to be a waste of time...also looked at eligibility for IS and it appears am not gonna get that either....give up? i think i already admit defeat......

DONT BELIEVE YOU GIVING UP LOL

ok

IS couple 111.45

DP couple 43.25

total 154. 70 take away income

IB 99.50

Pension 35.00

at least £20.20 IS. Not much but full HB and CT

come on you can do it.. :)

you get couple rate DP because your wife is LT IB and your DLA

am taking it savings under 16k

at least may be more if your wife is over 60 there is the HPP......

4) Pensioner Premiums

You qualify for a pensioner premium if you, or your partner are aged 60 or over. There is a single person premium and a couple premium (even if only one partner qualifies).

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE