Ashbourne & LA Fitness Double Header...

Browncjw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi group,

Total noob to this so apols if I make any ettiquette errors.

So to be succinct - Ashbourne signed up to 12 month contract (£65 per month), stopped attending, quit the club and told them, then cancelled the DD, Ash then letter hounded me for increasing amounts. Ended up paying them £135 to close the account (2 months + admin fee) as they were threatening £500 and credit agency reporting etc! (was this the right thing to do or should I have called their bluff? Seems they have a lot of bullying claims against them)

2nd, I want to leave LA Fitness and join a gym closer to work but was told the contract runs out in July. They have recently written to me to say they are upping my DD by £4 pcm as they are refurbing the gym. What can I do to get out of this contract quickly and painlessly? I am not satisfied with the gym anymore and don't want to pay more for a service I do not feel is fitting.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks

Hi Browncjw and welcome to CAG

Please spend some time reading this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?320766-Ashbourne-Management-Services-Ltd-Contracts-longer-than-12-months

If the matter with AMSL is settled, leave it at that. You could have argued against the admin charges and also about their threat to report you to credit reference agencies.

Re your LAF situation, if you signed up for a year, you did so on the basis of an agreed monthly cost. If they are now changing the cost, I believe you have the option to refuse to pay extra.

If they insist you have to pay more each month, you could cancel due to breach of contract on their part.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick, you seem to have helped many people out with gym/health club disputes.

I will contact LAF and let them know I am not happy with the change in pricing and talk to them about giving notice on my contract.

Might let sleeping dogs lie as you say on the AM issue as you recommend.

Thanks

Chris