Sarah V Barclays

sarah13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have too much on at the moment to pursue this, 3 other claims- all filed. not to mention the children! backburner, but just for a while

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

altho i havent posted for a while here- i have requested sar from barclays for 3 accounts - mine, my husbands and a joint account. Have been sent details for mine and the joint still waiting for my husbands single account details- have drafted a prelim request for the charges known about- giving them 14 days to reply-sending today

..............................................keep watching

• 1 month later...

have been leaving this as i already have 3 cases at court stage- but they have not replied to any of my letters.

will file N1 and update as soon as my abbey case is finally settled

• 2 weeks later...

want to start claiming for this now (its nearly £1000) but my printer has broken so i cant print anything. Time to invest in a new one- could do with that money now! Will target myself 1 week to prepare and send N1. Keep watching!:-)

i mended my printer- my daughter had inserted a hairband into the feeder! love them!

have sorted my N1 and should be taking it to court later today. Am claiming for charges and contractual interest for both my single account and a joint account. Barclays have not sent details of my husbands sole account but will continue to pursue this seperately.

Thanks to Bill-K i am also claiming for letter writing and preparing the court forms- will update when i have news.

i done it- i took it to court yesterday so just waiting now to get the claim number etc

just had this claim form returned and they are asking to see my tax credit entitlement so i can be fee exempt. i wouldn't mind but i took it to court and the clerk copied it- more time wasting.

just had this claim form returned and they are asking to see my tax credit entitlement so i can be fee exempt. i wouldn't mind but i took it to court and the clerk copied it- more time wasting.

nevermind- i'm thinking of the rising interest!

sorry to jump on your band wagon, i am awaiting for a response from my request for payment and am 8 days away from sending a LBA and then 14 days from filing a MCOL. I am on working family tax credit as I am a single parent does this mean I dont have to pay the court fees? I wasnt aware of this. Any advise

Thanks

Caroline

sorry to jump on your band wagon, i am awaiting for a response from my request for payment and am 8 days away from sending a LBA and then 14 days from filing a MCOL. I am on working family tax credit as I am a single parent does this mean I dont have to pay the court fees? I wasnt aware of this. Any advise

Thanks

Caroline

no problem, happy to help. It sounds like you could be fee exempt too, it is a real help. However you cant proceed with MCOL to get the fee excemption you have to fill in the N1 form and either take it in or send it to your local court.

Its not hard- the N1 form is templated in the library and you get the fee excemption form at court and make sure you take your award entitlement too.

This means you dont have to pay any court fees at all (and you dont claim any back) very handy indeed although you do need to complete the fee exemption form for every stage that requires fees not just 1 for the whole claim!

hope that helped and if you have more questions then just ask. good luck:)

Sorry to jump in, but just a quick word:

People who are fee exempt should, if they can, try and pay the court fee anyway.

Why, I hear you all cry in dismay.

Well, because, if you pay the court fee, you will then add to your total figure for settlement, which means that the bank will pay it in the end.

If you don't, the taxpayer will pay, effectively, and here's the kicker, subsidising the bank for resisting our claims as much as they can, since you can't ask the bank to repay a fee you didn't have to disburse. Annoying, huh.

I would be exempt, but I'm damned if I am going to let the banks get away with not paying for the court process when it's their bloody fault that we have to do this in the first place. :mad:

Sorry to jump in, but just a quick word:

People who are fee exempt should, if they can, try and pay the court fee anyway.

Why, I hear you all cry in dismay.

Well, because, if you pay the court fee, you will then add to your total figure for settlement, which means that the bank will pay it in the end.

If you don't, the taxpayer will pay, effectively, and here's the kicker, subsidising the bank for resisting our claims as much as they can, since you can't ask the bank to repay a fee you didn't have to disburse. Annoying, huh.

I would be exempt, but I'm damned if I am going to let the banks get away with not paying for the court process when it's their bloody fault that we have to do this in the first place. :mad:

I didnt know that. I will pay them in future if i can afford to but i dont usually have any spare money its all spent already! Thanks Bookworm

good advise i never thought of it like that, i am excempt but do have the cash available to pay when the time comes in 22 days (not that i am counting or anything, but i know i will have to go to court)

So i will now be paying the costs and getting the bank to pay it in the end not the tax payers, good advise

Thanks

Caroline

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to post this information - been so busy finishing with my Abbey claim- finally over.

Claim no : 7NR01250

Sarah V Barclays

Issued 5/4/07

deemed served 7/4/07

defendant has until 23rd April 07 to reply

Bring it on! :)

The defendant filed Acknowledgement on service on 20th April. They have indicated they intend to defend all of the claim and have 28 days to file a defence.

Solicitors working for Barclays:

Barclays Legal & Compliance

Level 29

One Churchill Palce

London

E14 5HP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

this is the best reply i have ever had from the court- it says

'before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place:-

to consider whether the claim can be disposed of because the defendant has no real prospect of sucess at a final hearing'

I love it- they have NO REAL PROSPECT OF SUCCESS !!!

Prelim hearing is 10am on 10th August- watch this space :)

• 1 month later...

feeling a bit lonely on this thread as people rarely reply to me these days (aaahh poor me!!!)

About to start preparing the court bundle in the new few days as court hearing is 10th Aug. as i havent done a bundle for a while or been about much on this forum in the last month or so (we're moving), was wondering if anyone has any advice or reference as to any new developments in the claims and court areas?

Have been doing a little reading on the forum but keeping the house clean and tidy with my 3 little girls has been my biggest job recently for viewings- my 2 year old always manages to find something to write with from somewhere and always writes on the walls! nightmare!

Anyway any comments welcomed! :)

dont feel lonely....

were all here 24/7 waitin for our money........:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

Sarah, loved the post #43 and sorry if you've been a bit ignored.

Writing on the walls- Good quality washable emulsion and consequences for such writings. LOL

Good luck, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)