Advantage Finance - HP Car failed after 1yrs - still paying - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my gut feeling is this.

they are tying up lose ends here and are going to write the whole thing off.

the whole story is too convoluted for them to do anything else with.

i doubt very much they would ever want this to get near a court room.

so they might just be going through a series of actions to write it off.

thats my feeling, nothing more.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as long as it doesnt result in me paying anything, or a default on my credit report then thats ok..

And then I might finally update my signature with: Me vs Advantage = Won, Me vs Paydayoverdraft = Won

Only leave Lowells/shopdirect and a PDL that's now at £3500 for a £300 defaults on my account.

Then my Experian says I'm using 210% of my available credit and thats with Advantage on there.

A reply from ke email to Darren Young:

Please see our previous letter in regards to the account and respond accordingly regards to your intentions. Please also note that currently the Voluntary Termination of the agreement has not been completed as per the letter a balance remains.

Regards

Darren Young

That is as clear as mud.. I've replied asking as to where are the responses to my letter which was sent in regarding the £500 etc.

No reply as yet

Updated experian report today, the value under Advantage has been reduced by £3K - no sign of default on there either, so how can I have a "Termination" through the default notice?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42157[/ATTACH]

I still havent heard anything from Advantage as in a reply to my letter or follow up emails to Darren on the 4th March.

My Noddle report updated over the weekend and states the balance as 2753 (last updated 14/02/13)

• 2 weeks later...

It has now been a month since I sent my letter Post #189.

which was resent via email on 28th Feb when I received the Default Termination notice.

Apart from Darren Young's reply on the 4th March (Post #206)

I still have not had a response to all my questions

ie how they recon I owe them more money,

why do they say I have paid less than I have oh

and where the hell is the statement of account that I keep asking for.

What can I do?

It's clear that they just not bothered now,

where I'm sitting here with £2,700 on my credit report.

I've thought about contact the FOS about this and state how they applied the MBI/GAP payments to the account

but did not take into any consideration of interest acrued.

(MBI/GAP was front loaded at a rate of 41.65% - I made 14 payments @ £47.00)

What is the best course of action now?

Hi, still nothing from Advantage but I have just checked my credit report online with experian and they have DEFAULTED ME.

Attached are the entries for Advantage dated today (28/03/2013), Start of the month when they deducted the MBI/GAP (04/03/2013) and one last year including the MBI/ GAP (06/10/2012).

[ATTACH]42798[/ATTACH]

I really could do with some advice on this as they are really just taking the P***.

They received my letter dated 18th Feb on the 20th (signed for @8:38) yet not once has it been acknowledged or replied to,

including the chase emails to Darren Young (28/02/2013, 04/03/2013, 14/03/2013)

only reply I got was Darren stating on the 4th

"Please see our previous letter in regards to the account and respond accordingly regards to your intentions.

Please also note that currently the Voluntary Termination of the agreement has not been completed as per the letter a balance remains."

after I attached the Hire Purchase Termination letter I received.

Your help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

don't think they are allowed to do that

you cant default a terminated account

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

send Darren an email get it removed

dx

and they

I will draft one out today.

I've just noticed the default date. DATE OF DEFAULT: 25/02/2013 & Default balance £3083 that's £329 added to the account between Advantage updating my credit file on the 10/02/2013 (second image - it also says Arrangement date 01/02/2013).

None of it is making any sense anymore - how the hell can I incurre charges of £329 within a space of 15day's on an account that has nothing left to owe but the terms of the VT agreement

Beyond a joke now.

Hi, Is this suitable enough:

Darren,

I have recently viewed my Credit Report to which I was angered and surprised by the amendment by yourselves at Advantage Finance.

The entry now states as of the 25/02/2013 a DEFAULT with the default balance of £3,083.

From looking at previous credit reports the £3,083 is a jump of £359 in the space of 2 weeks!

I am amazed by the sheer cheek and lack of customer service in dealing with my account.

You are fully aware that over the past month I have been in contact with you by both email and letter, yet you fail to respond and acknowledge my requests for information, including my requests for an up to date statement of account detailing all transactions.

My last letter was received by Advantage Finance on 20/02/2013 (Tracking Ref: BY376606014GB) yet, this was not acknowledge or questions contained answered. Yet I receive a HIRE PURCHASE NOTICE OF TERMINATION dated 25/02/2013.

I then as you know, I emailed you requesting answers to my letter and clarification of the notice only to receive a very brief and unhelpful reply of “Please see our previous letter in regards to the account and respond accordingly regards to your intentions. Please also note that currently the Voluntary Termination of the agreement has not been completed as per the letter a balance remains.” This reply did not answer any questions I had raised.

I then followed up my requests for a reply on the 04/03/2013 & 14/03/2013 via email, attaching my original letter, requesting yourselves to answer all the questions and also provide the statement of account. Yet again they have remained unanswered.

So again I attach the letter, and also set out what I require answers to below:

The information you provided to me in both your letter on the 16/01/13 and the 08/02/13 contradict each other, and just seems your trying to justify a means as to getting more money out of me, when nothing further is payable.

I will explain to yourself as to why I no longer owe anything to Advantage, just based on your last two letters.

Your letter on the 16/01/13:

You state “we would state that at this point the account is only 35.69% through at the time of writing this letter” and also “We would as a gesture of good will allow you to complete a VT and hold the figure for this at £825, should this be received we would settle the account in full.”

With that said, I can assume the following:

35.69% of the account has been paid then the £825 is 14.31%.

That means 1% equals £57.65, meaning the 35.69% is £2057.53. Therefore 100% equals £5765 and 50% equals £2882.50.

Firstly both are greater than the Agreement and the VT (£5646.20 & £2823.10).

Secondly by your maths you state I have only paid £2057.53 where actual payment on the account totals £2892.34. Please provide me with a Full statement of account if you believe this to be incorrect and also state the reason’s as to why this amount has not been paid.

With either VT Value (£2882.50 or £2823.10) I have paid more than this.

In addition to that as you stated in your letter a further £825 is required then this has already been paid:

Total Payments made: £2,892.34

Less your stated payments: £2,057.33 (35.69%)

Money Unaccounted for: £835.01

As you can see the £835.01 is a greater figure to the amount you are claiming I still have to pay. So therefore there is nothing left to pay.

Next brings me on to your letter dated 08/02/13, here you now state that “At this stage we are willing to accept the Voluntary termination of the account, to complete this you are required to return the goods to us” and “Due to the vehicle having previously been scrapped and funds not provided to us, we would accept current trade value of the vehicle to satisfy this part of your VT this figure currently is £500. Once this figure has been received the account will then be settled in full”

Firstly, you provided the permission to scrap the vehicle, and on your permission the vehicle was disposed, of which no funds was received, so I cannot give you a value of nothing. I was even told that due to the car having a full tank of diesel and oil, there would be a cost to dispose, just like any garage, only by explaining to them I was on benefits they wavered this charge.

Secondly, this is the reason why I believe you are trying to fool me into paying more money than I should. It seems to me that you have realised that I had in fact met the criteria you laid out in your letter on 16/01/13, and throw this additional £500.

Can you explain to me as to why this was not mentioned in your letter 16/01/13 or at any time when discussing the scrapping of the vehicle?

If you believe there is an admin fee due under the VT settlement please note, you have already confirmed that this had been applied to the agreement see “Option Fee”.

Finally with all as all the charges had related to the agreement containing MBI/GAP they are now deemed as inaccurate and should be withdrawn in addition to this payments I made towards the MBI/GAP were applicable to be fully repayable WITH statutory interest applied.

As you have originally receipted my letter on the 20/02/2013, I require a full explanation as to why I have not received any adequate response plus details of all workings out as to how you reach all of your figures, quoted in your letters sent to myself.

I also require Advantage to remove the DEFAULT with immediate effect, as you are fully aware that the account was settled under the VT. Also as far as I am aware, you cannot DEFAULT an account that has already been terminated.

I expect yourselves to co-operate with my request and respond no later than close of business on Friday 5th April 2013.

Should I not receive an adequate response by way of confirmation that the DEFAULT will be removed and that the account is marked as Settled in Full, I will have no alternative but to take further action, which will also include court action should this be necessary.

Regards

very good

dx

and they

pers i'd be writing to the CEO

and they

Aren't this lot part of a much larger group SU, SH or similar based in the west midlands I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yep SU - based just a few miles away from me..

So far I've found the following:

keithcharlton@advantage-finance.co.uk (Director)

salesdirector@advantage-finance.co.uk;

pamelasizer@advantage-finance.co.uk (Compliance Department)

Louise Elshaw

Helen Beaton helenbeaton@advantage-finance.co.uk (Collections / Overdue Account Manager)

Marina Hilling marinahilling@advantage-finance.co.uk (Collections / Overdue Account Manager)

Dont know where else to look to get CEO etc..