Advantage Finance - HP Car failed after 1yrs - still paying - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

God this is driving me insane - are they hoping I am going to cave in?

Jason Bingham's response to my above letter...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45099[/ATTACH]

Have I not already made my intentions known?

They off set the funds after they held on to the money for months!

They still not have accepted that they are asking for £500 one week then removing £478 the next and still ask for £500.

I really want to end this now, so what would the best option be, as its clear that despite addressing the letters to Complaints / Compliance and also the CEO it all gets handled by the Collection Muppets sorry managers.

Would this suffice

"Dear Advantage,

In plain english i do not owe anything.

You have failed to see or even reply to any of the VALID points I make, but keep going on about what you think I owe.

Get a calculator (On a windows pc click START, Accessories, Calculator) Type in the £500 you keep going on about (thats 5 followed by two 0's) then subtract £478 that you finally refunded to the account (that's the "-" then 4 7 8) and press equals ("=") THEN subtract £133.85 for the interest (which I might add is going up daily) then you will see that the figure is MINUS.

You have two options:

1) You accept that I do not owe anything, by way of the value of the stamp attached to the letter is my full and final settlement on the account. (please note as the stamp has been used there is NO VALUE). Then also mark my credit reports as SETTLED IN FULL.

2) You take me to court, no final letters from yourself, just plainly take me to court.

Where I will produce every single documentation you have sent me which show's every comment, entry, made up values stated on the account (example Darren Youngs letter quoting as per my Agreement termination rights value at £3963.79 instead of £2823.10), lack of simple maths and to have collection managers deal with my complaints when they have been addressed to Compliance Offices AND the CEO.

As stated previously I DO NOT OWE A FURTHER PENNY TO ADVANTAGE"

Too much or straight to the point?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've had time to think and calm down.

At first I was going to send the above, but that does not really point to the information provided by Advantage and gives an oppertunity for them to gloss over the facts.

Then I had a ponder of accepting the offer, but that makes me worse off when I do not owe anything.

So this afternoon, and from speaking with the CAB, I have drawn up the following requesting Advantage to confirm YES or NO to the questions I've posed based upon the information Advantage has supplied to me:

Dear Sir,

Despite all my communication being addressed to The CEO or the Compliance Manager all responses have come from a collections manager.

I can only assume that my complaints have not been taken seriously, of which you can see with the lack of response to key questions such as the inaccurate values quoted by the collection managers.

I do not owe anything to Advantage Finance.

In the latest response from Jason Bingham letter dated 8th July 2013 again the questions I have posed still have not been answered, to the evidence I have provided.

Therefore I would like your confirmation in the form of either YES or NO, no ifs/buts or other just straight to the point YES or NO, prior to any decision on the account being made by myself:

1) Advantage Finance gave permission to scrap the vehicle, and scrapage certificate was provided to Advantage Finance.

2) A value of £825 is quoted in Darren Youngs letter on the 16th January 2013 to complete the VT, prior to the removal of MBI & GAP.

3) The MBI & GAP was removed from the account on 11th February 2013 and all payments made under this (14 payments @ £48.57 = £679.98) was applied to the account, reducing the balance of the account.

4) No compound interest (min of 8%) was applied to the account.

5) In the letter dated 04th April 2013 Darren Young quotes that it is written in my agreement that £3963.79 is half the value payable before VT can commence, where in fact my agreement states it is £2823.10.

6) In the letter 04th April 2013, Darren Young quotes the completion of the VT at £500 based on the assumption that my agreement states I have to pay £3963.79 before being able to terminate my agreement.

7) Despite £679.98 of payments under the MBI/GAP being applied to the account the VT completion value is only reduced to £500. (additional question: Where is the other £355?)

8) Despite £478 of charges being refunded to the account, 04th April 2013, states that the completion of VT is still held at £500.

9) £825 less £679.98 equals £145.02 not £500.

10) £145.02 (£825 VT figure less MBI/GAP payments) less £478.00 (charges) equal -£332.98 (less than zero)

Please note an offer of “Good Will” can not be quoted or suggested when there are complete inaccuracies in the information provided by employee’s of Advantage Finance.

If I could please have your reply to the above questions in a timely manner.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, Lovely response from advantage received today, so I asked for clarification prior to accepting any offer of settlement, and for them to acknowledge the errors as per the questions I outlined above and this is what I get:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45448[/ATTACH]

Now I thought that the first line of my letter COMPLIANCE/CEO part would mean I would get a response, but nope -- collections manager again..

secondly not one of the questions has been acknowledged or answered, surely before anything is agreed and a party wishes clarification on matters the civil thing would be to respond with the answers.

What is wrong with the letter I sent that is stopping Advantage from replying?

Am I not meant to ask questions regarding my account, the running of my account and the reasons as to why previous questions have not been answered.

Am I missing something?

More arbitrary time limits!

Fools...

IMO I would be inclined to let them stew, if they can't answer simple questions then they sure as hell don't merit any response from you.

Although?

Dear Bill&Ben,

Thank you for your computer generated response, the contents of which have been noted.

I am happy to inform you that this matter is now closed, and no further correspondence will be entered into.

You are free to take legal advice and any action you feel necessary, however please note that all and any further contact from yourselves will be reported to the police for the criminal offence of harassment, and any legal action you may take, will be robustly defended and counter sued where my fees and charges will be substantial.

Tatty bye!

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well it wasn't computer generated, all further contact reported to the police as it's harassment.

Can you explain as to how it would be a case of harassment when I am awaiting a response to original questions.

I guess that the next thing to do is legal route considering they fail to provide answers AND there compliance procedures have not been followed prime example all responses from collections manager NOT compliance officer/manager

No I can't explain, hope you get the result you want. My advice is clearly unwanted.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

FOS contacted this morning.

Talked me through their process, a letter will be sent to Advantage stating they've been advised.

Forms will be sent out to me to complete and submit all documentary evidence.

Im particularly interested in seeing what they say about the no interest being applied to the money they held onto for the mbi, the various values they've quoted to me and the lack of responding to questions (like the last lot) and statement requests.

good move

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

SO I reported them to FSO - received letter from FSO dated 5th August stating they acknowledge complaint and have written to Advantage and that I should receive a final response from Advantage within 8 weeks, then take it from there.

Well today I've received this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45978[/ATTACH] On the back of this is an Income / Expenditure form.

I've rung FSO they say they cant do anything till the 8weeks are up.

So any ideas?

they ca'tn do that whilst under dispute

send them back a copy of the fos complaint attached to a copy of their letter

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Will this be acceptable to send along with the copy of the FSO letter/ form.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 20th August 2013 stating your intention to apply for a Judgement against myself.

I wish to point out to yourself that a complaint has been registered with the Financial Service Ombudsman in regards to the dealings and inaccurate recordings of this account.

The complaint was made 3rd August 2013 and letters were issued both to myself and Advantage Finance Ltd dated 5th August 2013. I enclose a copy of my letter received from the FSO.

Can you please state if you have received this complaint from the FSO, and if so, is the letter of Judgement dated 20th August 2013 your full and final response on the account?

I also note that at the bottom of the letter you state “please give full grounds for this dispute and supply any supporting documents you intend to rely on in court” – All documentation that I will rely on in court are the communications between Advantage and myself, in particularly I will draw to the attention of the court the failed response to my letter dated 18th July 2013, requesting answers to questions I posed based upon information received from Advantage Finance Ltd.

In addition to the letters, and upon receipt of your full and final response, I will also state to the FSO and should this matter go to court after the FSO’s involvement I will also base my dispute upon the fact I owe no further funds to Advantage Finance Ltd based upon the following:

1) Voluntary Termination: As stated on my Agreement the VT figure is £2823.10 – I have paid £2823.86, therefore VT is completed.

2) The return of the Vehicle – Advantage Finance Ltd provided in writing confirmation to “dispose/scrap” the vehicle without details of any financial impact to myself, as Advantage Finance Ltd provide confirmation to scrap “Their” vehicle, I am not liable for any costs. Scrapage certificate was provided to Advantage Finance

3) The MBI & GAP - was removed from the account on 11th February 2013 and all payments made under this (14 payments @ £48.57 = £679.98) was applied to the account, reducing the balance of the account. NO compound interest was applied to this. Only until the repayment of the MBI/GAP was made, clarity of payments made could determine qualification for the VT as per point 1.

4) Further Stipulations to complete Voluntary Termination – According to Mr Darren Young & Mr Jason Bingham of Advantage Finance Ltd, despite myself paying more than half to complete Voluntary Termination as per my agreement, I was required to pay additional funds to complete the VT Process, of which again have been contested by myself upon a number of occasions due to the following:

Letter from Advantage dated 16/01/2013 – Despite paying £2823.86 as per my agreement, Mr Young claimed I had only paid 35.69% of the VT figure and I was required to pay a further £825 to complete the VT. Based on this Mr Young has stated that the VT figure to be £3569 over £1000 more than stated in my agreement. MBI/GAP had yet to be removed from the account.

Letter from Advantage dated 04/04/2013 - Despite paying £2823.86 as per my agreement, Mr Young now claims I am required to pay £500 to complete the VT a £325 reduction after the MBI/GAP was removed, yet the value of funds from the MBI/GAP was £679.98 + interest. In addition to this Mr Young stated that they valued the Vehicle at £529 despite this being scrapped as per there confirmation meaning the vehicle value is £0.00 (zero). Also the figures provided by Mr Young are based upon his statement valuing the VT at £3963.79 and not £2823.10

Letter from Advantage dated 13/06/2013 – Mr Bingham has now stated that they hold the value of the vehicle at £825.00 despite this having a value of £0.00 (zero) due to scrappage.

In addition to this, Mr Bingham stated that all barring one charge, had been removed from the account. The total charges which were removed totalled £478.00 yet Mr Bingham still states that I have to pay £500.

Evidence of Misleading information - In the letter dated 04th April 2013 Mr Darren Young quotes that it is written in my agreement that £3963.79 is half the value payable before VT can commence, where in fact my agreement states it is £2823.10. Other evidence is detailed above regarding valuations of vehicle and the failure to use simple mathematics.

I can only presume that it was Mr Young’s, Mr Bingham’s & Advantage Finance’s intentions to obtain funds not associated to the agreement.

As stated previously, I am not after any financial gain or monetary value. I only want confirmation that the agreement is now settled / terminated under the Voluntary Termination agreement and that my credit file has all negative entries including late payment entries, removed from all three credit reports (Experian, Equifax & Call Credit) and depending on which reporting agency the correct indication to confirm that nothing further is outstanding by being marked Settled, Satisfied, Settled in full.

The letter from the FSO states at the bottom that if i do not hear or get their final response that i am satisfied with in 8weeks that to return the form with all supporting documentation - I am now looking at the application form and the complaint reads "The firm gave the consumer permission to scrap the vehicle (engine failure) - the HP agreement subsequently ran its term. The firm then change their position and said that they wanted the consumer to purchase it. They have changed the figure multiple times and given inaccurate details to the CRA's" that was written on my behalf by the FSO agent, does that sum it up ok?

sri my post came out bad

I meant to say they can't do that

the account is under official dispute with the FOS.

me think s this is a left arm right leg job

Darren etc need to speak to 'squiggle' in the legal debt

and tell him what is going on

and they

i know that as soon as i send that letter marked for the attention of the legal department, ill get a response from one of the collection team just like the letters to Compliance or CEo

Because the first letter to the CEO was given to a worker in the office, it doesn't mean you can't email the CEO again and voice your disappointment at not being taken seriously and him not having the courtesy to respond personally to your concerns and questions.

Tell the CEO you expect him/her to respond personally, lazy b needs to earn the fat salary:mad2:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I just thought I'd check my credit report tonight and have come accross the following entry for Advantage:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46245[/ATTACH]

Does that mean what I think it does? That I no longer owe a penny to Advantage?

I noticed a few different things to last months report:

1) Amount of outstanding Debt has now reduced by £2357 (last months recorded figure by Advantage)

2) Payment terms: it states £200 x 48mths that totals £9600, you can see from my report the previous payment terms they've quoted.

3) No Value / 0: No Value is quoted. its missing the header but it states Advantage, 6 payments Late then straight to the Update date. Also the 6 marker now say's 0

4) The appearance of Voluntary Termination: The dated comment of Voulntry Termination, when clicked on the question mark that is what is written under the blue box.

I would 'suggest'

they are about to sell the debt.

dx

and they

Noddle updated today and this is the entry under Advantage:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46262[/ATTACH]

I suppose what I must wait for is some sort of documentation from Advantage themselves to say I owe nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an email stating Credit Alert from experian just.

Logged into the account and it was only a search regarding car insurance, but I noticed that my available credit percentage had reduced and my score increased slightly. Looking at the report the only change is under advantage.

It now states that the account is satisfactory and there is 0 balance.

so

they've either sold the 'debt' on a phishing list

or

they've written it off

interesting.

dx

and they