Nightmare with 3 and problrems with repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, having a nightmare getting my phone repaired. Beginning in April i sent it for repairs as it was freezing, they updated the sotware but after a few days the problems started again. Few weeks lated i'd had enough so sent it in again and again they updated the software.

It still wasn't working great but i'd had enough of sending it in so I put up with it. Then in October the screen started going blank and ther phone wouldn't respond, I was having to take the battery out and put it back in again. Now over many phone calls to 3 customer services i was first told I could have a replacement, then they phoned me to say they're escalating the case to see if they can send me a replacement. In another phone call they denied that was possible and that the most they'd do was replace the motherboard if i sent it in. I was promised by 2 or 3 people that as it was the 3rd time i'd sent it in for a repair they would definately replace the motherboard. Despite giving them my correct address, 3 envelopes they sent for me to send the phone off in didn't arrive. Found out today in a call that they had the incorrect address still.

In the end I took it to my local store, a week and a half later i got it back and suprise, suprise i'm still having the same problems ans some others on top. I keep losing signal and service and sometimes my screen goes dark with some light and there are lines running vertically all across the screen, They didn't replace the motherboard as promised, all they did was a software upgrade and said the problem was fixed. Phoned today and they said my only option was to send it in for the 4th time and they'd replace the motherboard (yeah i've heard that one before.) At one point the customer service agent tried to blame the store saying that they hadn't mentioned the screen going blank, just that it freezes. Well I did tell the store and they gave me a receipt when I took the phone in that gave brief details of the problems including the blank screen. I also received a letter when the phone came back saying there had been a problem with a blank screen.

Basically i've had enough of the lies they've told me, the making of promises they can't/haven't kept and want out of the contract but they keep telling me I'd have to pay. I've made 2 complaints to them, 1 i never heard back from and the second they have until Tuesday or Wednesday to get back to me. To me having to have this repaired 4 times since April this year is a joke, not to mention that that the 3 times they've already had it it hasn't been fixed. All they've given me is £10 off of 1 months bill. Really desperate to end this contract and go elsewhere. Help!

Hi justine

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they've let you down, as much info as possible and what you want them to do. Have a read of number 10 and 12 in my signature. Send it to:-

David Dyson, Chief Executive

david.dyson@three.co.uk

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's right, if 3 are not getting issue sorted for you then trying sending a complaint to a completely separate company and see if that helps you! :razz:

Joking aside, i think rebel11 meant to direct you towards a complaints route for 3 such as executive.office@three.co .uk or 3 Mobile Communications

PO BOX 333

Glasgow

G2 9AG

Yep did post the wrong details, the correct details

are as follows, in the grand scheme of things no harm done.

Oh, I deleted the other details as not to confuse.

David Dyson, Chief Executive

david.dyson@three.co.uk

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's right, if 3 are not getting issue sorted for you then trying sending a complaint to a completely separate company and see if that helps you! :razz:

Joking aside, i think rebel11 meant to direct you towards a complaints route for 3 such as executive.office@three.co .uk or 3 Mobile Communications

PO BOX 333

Glasgow

G2 9AG

Had the same prob with 3 and a sony erricson, after 3 repairs coming back with same prob i wrote a formal complaint quoting sale of goods act 1979 and hey presto they phoned to arrange a replacement. Dont let them fob u off

No offence caused, but I wish I could say the same about 'Three's' Customer Service.

Fair play. I was only gently joking in the tone of my reply, hope i didn't cause any offence.

Thanks for your replies and info, i'll get onto writing a complaint tomorrow. Managed to speak to someone in the UK today, it was customer services for the repair centre and they informed me no one from the general customer services should be telling me they will definately replace the motherboard, yet another lie!