Bargain? Not so much!!

Josmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a food mixer from Comet on saturday that was priced at 79.99. Bargain!! Or so I thought! I chatted away to the girl at the till about what a good price it was and she agreed with me! Receipt went onto one of their little folders and off I went! Imagine my surprise when my bank statement said 149.99!! Having spoken to Comet they claim there is nothing they can do as I left the shop so there is no proof of my being overcharged! I am absolutely disgusted with them and with the man from head office who implied I am a liar and also tried to make out that I was saying that the staff member at the till was trying to swindle me! Customer service? I think not!

I think the law is pretty clear about selling goods at a different price to the one displayed. They can't do it.

I would e-mail to comet and ask for a fuull refund and return the goods intact. If they don't go along with this then you should ring trading standards on 08454 040506. I would say in your email that you're going contact trading standards if they don't refund you in full.

Hi josmum

Is this the one?

KENWOOD FP260FOOD PROCESSOR

It's on the web at £79.99

So it shouldn't be too difficult to get the difference.

Moved to the Comet forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT