Mass of payday debt, any advice welcomed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be nice to get the council tax out of the way in one go, but lets not forget that Christmas is coming and if you pay all the ct at once and then have no money left, you might be tempted to go to the pdl again

I hadn't even thought about Christmas! I'd just like to get this sorted ASAP, it's the only thing on my mind at the moment =(

def written format only

so can you not just pay the council via internet banking?

do an installment now

and phone them too again

Not until I get paid, unfortunately. But as I say, if the council agree to wait a few weeks I can pay almost all of it then and the pdls will have to wait

Rather than pay all the council tax bill in one go, try to pay it over two or three months. That way things will be a bit more manageable. As for the PDL companies, I assume that they are being paid by debit card, if any of them still have a current card then i think you need to be very careless and mislay your card so it gets cancelled. Then contact each company and ask for bank details, maybe say that it will be at least a couple of weeks untill you get you new card and you want to be able to make payments.

Once you have that, set up pro rata standing orders for each of them, even if the 1st month is only £1. At that point email all of them with income and expenditure form, the details of the offer etc.

You will no doubt get lots of calls, letters, emails full of emotional blackmail (wonga told me how very disappointed they were that i had broken their trust in me) and maybe even threats. Just remember , I bet almost every one of these companies will say something about responsible lending on their website, well to let you get to the stage you are is hardly responsible lending.

By the way, have you told your fiance yet? If not, you really must. Not just on a trust basis, after all you want to spend your lives together but also on the basis that your budget is going to be squeezed and he/she(sorry not sure which is which fiance and fiancee)needs to know why, so they won't expect you to be splashing out.

Hope that makes sense

i would not send anyone an i&e form

none of their business!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Jon, I reported my debit card with Lloyds as stolen and am awaiting my new one now. I have an old HSBC savings account I've not used for years, so have requested a card with them so I can use it as a 'safe' account. Gonna see about getting my wages paid into there too just to be sure.

Spoke to someone at the council today who has put me back to monthly installments, which as the same as what I was originally paying. All very simple once I got through to someone!

I emailed Wonga yesterday to remind them that I asked for communication to be in written format, no reply yet. I got another generic/automated email saying my account was now overdue, and that if I am struggling to repay my loan that I should contact them and they'd be happy to arrange a repayment plan... that's what I'm trying to do! *shakes fist*

Pay your council tax first because its a first proiety in the planet.

Then send a email to the all loans you have to have a repayment plan in case.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have received advice from Consumer Credit Counselling Service to help solve my

debt problem.

I am in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly payments.

At the moment I am trying to raise money to pay off my debt with you. In the

meantime I will continue to make a monthly payment of whatever I can afford until

the money is available.

Please consider reducing or stopping interest or any other charges on my account to

help me during my financial difficulties.

Yours faithfully

used this letter to these loans companies

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

Great stuff, you seem to be going about things well. I would agree with you about getting your salary paid into another account. Apparently Lloyds are not the best at stopping paying bills (that is hearsay, I bank with Santander and have had no problems) . There are plenty of basic bank accounts out there. Oh I wouldn't ask them to reduce interest, just stop interest and that you will pay what is owed (amount borrowed +1 months interest ) at a min of X per month.

Chaos, I have had great success in the last week dealing with my debts with help from stuff I have read on here. ( i have just updated my thread "offers of repayment. )

Keep going and be strong. deal with it as you can, dont hide. It wont go away, but it will start to go away once you deal with it. It can be done.

Have you told the other half yet ????

From my life experience, I would suggest you do. I had my house reposessed and lost my wife of 15 years due to hiding debt and have been to hell and back but am on my feet again.

Be honest, open, deal with it and get your life back :wink:

Edited by ivansmagic.

Thanks for all the help and words of reassurance guys, I really do appreciate it. I know I have a long way to go, but now I know how to approach this problem I feel a lot more relaxed :)

Got an email from Payday Express today asking if I wanted to extend my loan as it's due soon. Am going to reply with my repayment plan in the morning.

And no, I've not told my other half yet. We have a few days off work next week so plan on telling him then when we have some alone time. I may show him this thread, as proof that I am serious about getting this sorted and so he can see I've started to take action. Extremely nervous though.

DO NOT take the offer to extend !!! It will just make it worse !!.

It'll be a "Thanks, but no thanks, because unfortunately..."

I'll politely decline the offer to extend and send them my repayment plan. Seen as there's will be next to default I'll contact them now.

I just read your above mentioned thread. You seem to be getting well on your way to sorting your debts, well done! I may send you a message for some advice on what to say to Textloan if you don't mind. My due date with them is fast approaching and I'll be offering a similar amount to yourself.

how are thing going chaos ? I have succeeded with txt loans they backed down from wanting £694 to £351 which is the loan and one months interest. They got totally confused when I challenged their calculation of interest and stating my calculations !!! they are now accepting £10 per month to be reviewed in 6 months !!! It can be done !

My Payday Express loan was due today. I've had an email from them, which I replied to with my repayment plan. No reply. I've received the same text 5 times asking me to call them regarding my outstanding loan. I've also received calls from a withheld number, which I assume is them too.

My TextLoan is due Saturday so I'll probably get a reply this weekend.

chaos

Tel: 0800 652 4661

Fax: 0800 652 4662

Email: info@paydayexpress.co.uk >I think that payday express loans do have a withheld number

their wanted to check something . Like your email chaos their need to check something like Payment plan

those are this contact details of pay day express

Iaintw

---

I am not a payloan company rep. I am a customer services rep

Edited by iaintw

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

chaos

Tel: 0800 652 4661

Fax: 0800 652 4662

Email: info@paydayexpress.co.uk >I think that payday express loans do have a withheld number

their wanted to check something but if you cannot have a chat to them u can email them

I haven't read this thread, but I did catch the words 'have a chat' - never ever talk to them on the telephone, only use written communications, email or Royal Mail.

I haven't read this thread, but I did catch the words 'have a chat' - never ever talk to them on the telephone, only use written communications, email or Royal Mail.

Yup, I know all about that :)

I'm yet to receive anything except generic, automated emails and texts though. I'm considering contacting a debt help company to set up repayment plans on my behalf. Does anyone have any experience with these companies? I've looked at PayPlan, who are willing to help but need verbal contact first, which is fine. Just wondering if any other companies come recommend before I commit to using them.

Still nothing but automated texts from both Wonga and PDE. No emails or calls yet today. I received a text from PDE saying "we are yet to hear from you..." so I emailed them quoting the message, and said I've contacted them regarding this matter twice without a successful response, and attached the original email with my repayment plan... No reply.

If I send them as many enails as they send me texts, they surely can't just ignore me right?

As I say, I may contact PayPlan to get them to help as I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with them?