Canceling SCS order pre-delivery :/

Jordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I fear I know I am in for a tough time in undertaking the following but I thought I would ask for any help/information anyone can give with regards to the cancellation of an as yet undelivered SCS order.

Approx 6 weeks ago myself and partner signed an agreement in-store to take delivery of a sofa and coffee table. Since then the house we were in the midst of purchasing has fallen through and we simply can't take delivery of these items - I am due to phone the store tomorrow, however I feel pretty apprehensive after reading through other peoples experiences with SCS :(

I really need to cancel the agreement if at all possible - I have paid a deposit and would even consider covering any sorts of costs as long as they were limited if need be. I don't have the room for the sofas and really need a resolution prior to delivery (and the start of the finance agreement).

e2a : Its on an interest free 4 year plan.

Thanks to anyone :(

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

01/06/2011 - Barclay CC PPI claim initiated

13/09/2011 - Claim rejected :|

19/10/2015 - Claim restarted !!!!

Thanks for the reply Conniff :)

Only £100, on my CC. The agreement is for £3600 and was for 3+2 recliner and a coffee/tamp table.

Can really feel my stress levels rising with this !! :|

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

Ok - write to the manager personally and explain that the house purchase fell through and that you are living with your mother so can't go ahead with the purchase.

If you are willing, tell him you are willing to forgo the return of the £100 deposit paid and see what reply you get. I would send it by recorded.

Thanks Conniff - I will give that a shot. I have somewhere in the region of 5 weeks before any sort of delivery.

Have others had any success with this approach ? From reading through various threads it seems they simply are able to say they aren't willing to stop delivery regardless of anything you say.

Just to update :

Chatted to the manager of the store where I made the purchase on the telephone this morning and explained the situation to him. He said that he needs to speak to a regional manager about the cancellation and whether it is possible.

I have drafted a letter at his request and will post it off tomorrow recorded delivery and will update the thread as things progress (IF things progress!)

Side note - The manager was quite pleasant and the call wasn't as awful as I imagined. Still, there is a long way to go :)

Thanks again for the advise,

Jordan

• 4 weeks later...

... double post ! sorry !

Edited by Jordan
double post

Hi Guys, quick update :

SCS have agreed to cancel the order, however they are asking for some 25% of the value - Nearly 1k by they're calculations.

The small print in the contract says UP TO 20% could be liable in the event of cancellation, for items of 'customised' furnature. Now, as far as I can tell, the only items which are customised are the 2 sofas - Should I be able to only pay for these as the order included a table and lamp table which, in theory, could have been returned without issue once delivered.

Should I refuse to pay 25% and argue them down to 20% ? Total order or minus the table(s) ?

If anyone has any experience or can offer any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks !

Jordan