Cannot withdraw HSBC funds- PLEASE HELP

JeffW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An Italian lady I know sent me the following email:

I logged in to my Hsbc account and found the unplesant surprise of my accounts (credit card, debit card and saving account) closed without notice from Hsbc. My account was not in debt. It has never been in debt. I called customer service, they refused to give infos about their decision. I had money on all my accounts..All money just disappeared with the accounts. They have not replyed 2 e-mails so I have decided to call them but, they won`t give details about their decision and refused to give infos about my money...What can I do?

What advice would you give her?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Edited by JeffW

Have flagged your thread for site team advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks.

She has since told me that:

'My account has not been locked, it has been closed. They said there was nothing to explain as the decision was taken. I have tryed to speak to the security department but, they said to call an other day.'

This woman is a young Italian lady who pays her proceeds from gambling (at which she is extremely successful) into her UK-registered HSBC account. Is it possible that the account has been closed on suspicion of money laudering?

Jeff

Formal Letter of Complaint to

Brian Robertson, Chief Executive

managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

]

Advice from one of the site team above.

Hmm, gambling.. I guess that could be it, but your friend has a right to know why they have taken this action.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And of course if she has money in the account, then she needs to know how she can access it?

BCOBS

There are all sorts of Cross Border implications. For example US citizens using foreign websites to gamble, when the US has very strict gambling regulations.

Thanks for the replies guys.

She's been on the phone again to HSBC, and they've told her that her account has already been closed, and she needs to travel to the UK to get her money!

Can anyone recommend a good banking solicitor?

Thanks

Jeff

• 1 month later...

this is very unfair treatment. I believe that there is some action which could be taken. However, she would need to take the action herself and it would take quite a lot of energy and effort to do so.

If she is interested then she would need to come on this forum and start a thread on her own behalf. I'm afraid that the other problem is that she would need to be in the UK

I heard 2 stories from Foreign European students who say money from their HSBC account just disappeared.

HSBC accused one of them of withdrawing the money, but she protested for them to check CCTV to prove that she did not take money out, they refused to investigate it.

Another foreign student had bailiffs sent to their home for money she did not take out or use.

This does not make any logical sense and HSBC are acting like thieves !

So ironic from the 'Worlds local bank'.

HSBC have been fined £10.5 million by the Financial services authority today for mis selling investment products to the elderly.. ! I think their integrity is well and truly being brought into question !

BCOBS