Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi . Im not sure whether or not this is the right place to post this ....

Due to a bad credit rating i was unable to take out a joint morgage with my partner , on a recent house purchase. However i have invested half the deposit , payed for a new kitchen and paid a large chunk of the solictor fee's . On a monthly basis a pay half the morgage and pay the water rates .

Should the relationship break down do i have any legal redress to get the money back that i have invested ???? does this include morgage payments etc.....

Thank you in advance

Prem letter sent 26/2/2007:)

"bog Off" received 4/3/2007:mad:

LBA letter sent 9/3/2007:)

Money claim .com filed - 27/3/2007:)

Notice of issue received 29/3/2007

Hi . Im not sure whether or not this is the right place to post this ....

Due to a bad credit rating i was unable to take out a joint morgage with my partner , on a recent house purchase. However i have invested half the deposit , payed for a new kitchen and paid a large chunk of the solictor fee's . On a monthly basis a pay half the morgage and pay the water rates .

Should the relationship break down do i have any legal redress to get the money back that i have invested ???? does this include morgage payments etc.....

Thank you in advance

Depends on the intentions of both of you at the time of purchase. Certainly if you can show that you have made monetary contributions to the property (and improvements) you will be entitled to a proportionate share - particularly if you did so in contemplation of marriage and a future together (there is plenty of case law to support this preposition). That said, you would be better off going to see a solicitor and drawing up an agreement between you and your partner that indicates that he holds part of the property on trust for you. Just in case...