Bank has frozen council rent payment

Rymitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi don't know if this is the right place for this one My son has just informed me that the rent money that they get payed to them to pay their landlord has been frozen by the RBS Can they Do this A bit of info to save some time Now I had already told them to open a account to a different bank and get all their rent and income support payed there this they have done most of there payment have been transferred over but they where told it could take up to 30 days to get it changed to their new account and now the bank has frozen the money when it was paid in. Also told him to get the council to pay the money direct to the rent agency the council have told him they will have to send a letter to his landlord to see if this is alright but he is scared that they will find out he has rent arrears not that he miss spent it but was due to certain unforeseen circumstances kids taking ill plus DCAs demanding high payment rates they couldn't afford DWP cutting his income support council cutting his rent allowance(which is now less than what he has to pay in rent) he was chasing his tail trying to get it all sorted paying extra as much as he could to try and help bring down his arrears now he comes to me when it all blown up in his face. Have sorted out all the DCA by using all the advice found here thanks.

He needs to let the bank know that this money was a benefit payment and is for rent. In hardship cases they should refund the money. He could get help with this from his local cab? Sometimes all it takes is a phone call to central collections while the client is there.

B