Badly treated by comet

Ihatecomet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am totally at my wits end and would appreciate any help u can give me

14 weeks ago my 50" tv went black with mixed coloured stripes on the screen...

This continued to happen throughout a few days

having purchased the "extra 4 year cover" {5 years ago this november} I decided to contact comet.

I was advised I was covered + they sent out an engineer. (Its an allday slot so I lose a days money having 2 not be at work that day)

The engineer came + sat in silence for 10 mins before telling me its something that happens via the aerial

he ran a test + said als ok now.

The very next day the screen goes black again!

ring comet, they send another engineer (another day off work) who said plasmas have an approx life span of 5 yrs + said the screen was on its way out

+ would arrange for a collection of a tv as it can't be fixed at home.

I wait + hear nothing from comet

i call them to arrange my tv collection.

They came + collected the tv (another day off work) they kept the tv for a week, I heard nothing so I rung them..

. They said they'd witnessed the fault at the warehouse + were fixing it.

Still heard nothing so I call them again

they said they've fixed it so they returned my tv (another day off work) ,

the tv was filthy with finger prints everywhere + a very sticky screen.

2 days later I'm watching my tv and the screen goes black AGAIN...

I call them again, they send an engineer (another day off work) who tells me they cannot fix 50" plasmas at the home it will need to go back to the warehouse...

they arranged for another collection (another day off work)

I rung them after 10 days + spoke to a guy who tells me it looks like it could be the screen gone + will probably be written off...But he said to call in a few days,

I did only to be told there's a note on the screen to return to customer, no fault seen???

They ring me the following week (having kept my tv 3 weeks) to arrange delivery back of the tv (another day off work)

they delivered my tv back to me, we lift the heavy tv back onto the wall again, went to plug it in... No powerlead???

We rung the driver (as had rung earlier to confirm delivery)

and he said it wasn't in there with them + I have to ring comet...

I ring comet only to be told they would send me my lead in the post + should receive it by weds... (So 9 weeks with no tv)

at this point I lost all will + asked them 2 ring my local comet to see if I could collect a power lead from them

but they said phillips no longer make tvs so they wouldn't stock 1...

I asked them to courier it to me as I felt it was the least they could do...

They weren't prepared to do that but said they would send it next day delivery...

I sat + waited, nothing came?

We managed to borrow a lead from someone saturday

so myself, husband + 2 children get ourselves settled to watch a film together, guess what???

Yes the screen went black again??? All plans of watching tv as a family were ruined!!!

The very next day the screen went black AGAIN...*

First thing that morning I rung comet again, by this time as you can imagine I'm very frustrated + angry...

I spoke to a salesman + asked to speak to a manager,

I first was asked the problem, after the 10 minute explanation he went off + presumably spoke to a manager,

he come back + told me a manager can only confirm what he's about to tell me which is they can only send another engineer to me???

I said the engineer is a waste of time as he will just arrange another collection + he said that comet can't arrange a collection only an engineer can,

I suggested they call the engineer + ask him to arrange collection over the phone + cut out the middle man

but they told me they don't have his phone number... Unbelievable!

after calling a few more times they finally arrange to collect the tv AGAIN...

They kept the tv for a week, called to say it was fixed and redelivered it back to me complete with a chip out the side (prior to this my tv was immaculate)

* We put the tv back on the wall, plug it in... Nothing??? Black screen!!!

I rung comet to tell them and they say they're sorry all they can do is send another engineer???

So the following week a really helpful engineer comes and personally sees the fault with the tv and agrees its the screen going,

he called his manager to tell him its been going on too long now and that hes seen the fault

but the manager says all they can do is take the tv back into the workshop again...

After a few days i dont hear from comet so i rang then demanding i speak to someone higher,

i was eventually passed through to the investigations team who tell me they are so sorry and disgusted at how ive been treated & tell me ill recieve a phone call soon,

in the mean time comet arrange to collect my tv last friday ,

another lady from investigations rings me to say they promise my tv will go into the workshop on monday,

they will strip it down and ring phillips with the screen number monday and they promise to call me back tues/weds at the latest!

Today is thursday and they havent contacted me...

I called them and asked to speak to either of the ladys i spoke to last week only to be told theyre not available

so i explain to another lady who tells me she will look into it and will be in touch...

So here i stand 14 & a half weeks later off comet first taking my tv...

I am absolutely disgusted at how ive been treated by comet,

how can they leave a family with no tv for nearly 4 months???

Its totally unacceptable!!!

I paid for a warranty in good faith that if my tv broke they would fix it or replace it.

I really dont know what to do anymore, i am suffering with extremely high blood pressure at the moment and this is not helping at all.

Would appreciate any help in getting a solution..

Have emailed comet,

have emailed the sun paper,

have spoken to trading standards...

Its time to write a very strongly worded letter to the CEO, i'll see if i can find the name and address for you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Send it to :-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Just a quick update... Thanks martin 4 the email addy... I was contacted by 1 of their team this week and confirmed today on sunday i will b recieving a brand new 51" 3d tv with 2 pairs of glasses curtesy of comet!!! Perserverance paid off and a huge appology on comets behalf... However i shall always look elsewhere 4 my items now. Thanks again. X