Scottish Power/Resolvecall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - looking for some advice, please.

Last year, my partner was involved in an accident. As a result, he is now disabled and unable to work and I am his carer.

We are now struggling with some of our bills, although Scottish Power is the only one we are behind with.

A couple of weeks ago I was telephoned by Resolvecall, and actually the agent was very nice!

As soon as I told her my circumstances she suggested I contact the Jobcente regarding Fuel Direct, and left it at that.

I phoned as suggested, but they were a little hazy, and thought there may be a problem as the disability is in my partner's name and the utility bill is in mine.

I meant to call the Jobcentre back later, but I forgot (my fault, I know).

Last Monday, Resolvecall rang again. I explained what had happened, said I'd get back onto the Jobcentre, and left it at that.

Today, while I was shopping, a guy knocked at the door & told my partner he'd come to read the meter.

He came in, looked at the meter, asked where I was and then slapped a Notice of Intent to Apply for Warrant of Entry on the cooker hob!

According to my partner, the guy was extremely rude, although I haven't got all the ins-and-outs yet - he's on morphine and gets very confused and disorientated.

I rang Resolvecall when I got in to find out why their doorstepper had called when everything was in hand.

I was told it was just procedure and the account had already been passed back to SP.

I need to know the following, please:-

Should the doorstepper have identified himself as a debt-collector, rather than implying he was a meter-reader?

Should he have called, bearing in mind that Resolvecall are aware that there is a vunerable adult in the house?

Has he broken the DPA by revealing the debt (including the amount) to a third party,

ie my partner, who is not, nor ever has been on any of the utility bills,

nor have I ever given him permission to speak/act on my behalf?

Looking forward to your views!

Janie

the notice of intent to warrant etc etc means nothing

just a frightener.

resolvecall have no legal powers to do nowt

you'ed sadly be very pushed to prove he said he was a meter reader if he did say that

we have SP onboard here at CAG

give them a PM.

but you must pay something

not just keep putting up excuses.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Thanks for that. The last time I paid the full DD amount was July; I have made token payments Aug & Sep. He didn't SAY he was a meter reader; it was implied. He didn't identify himself at all until after he was in the house. And should he have shared my data with someone else, who doen not have any authority to act for me and who doesn't even have the same surname as me!

Hi Janie1962,

From what you have said the agent did not discuss the account with you partner but left a letter regarding the account this would have been his aim to hand deliver the letter to the property.

If you PM me with your details I can see fi we can sort something to prevent any further follow-up.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower

Hi Janie1962,

TBH it is very diffcult to comment without having all the facts, however I would imagine that the agent would have asked if you lived at the proeprty, and when your partner repied yes the agetn would have asked ifor the latter to be passed on to them.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower

Hmmmm.....not convinced!

However, thank you for taking the time out to respond - it's much appreciated. Tried the JCP again yesterday regarding Fuel Direct. Twice I got "Very busy - call back later", then when I finally got through, the agent said I was using the wrong number. When I put the phone down, I realised the 'correct' number was the one I'd just rung!!! Anyway, finally got through to them & gave the relevant details, gave SP the latest meter readings (through the website - was this OK? I couldn't do the waiting time of 12-19 minutes & had an appt so couldn't wait for a call-back) so hopefully it's all systems go.

• 1 month later...

Fuel Direct finally set up. Unfortunately, the amount being taken from my OH's ESA is MORE than what my original payment was (which I couldn't afford in the first place). I believe fuel povery is defined as spending 10% of income, and SP are now taking 25% - I dread to think how this is going to affect us.

I've tried to contact the DWP and SP - the team which deals with this at SP refuse to take incoming calls and won't call back - with no joy. I give up.