brighthouse help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone im hoping someone can help me with this, im new here so please bear with me.

back in october last year my friend got a laptop from brighthouse for her boyfriend

just days later he left her and went off to spain with his parents and the laptop

my friend continued to pay for the laptop til around february,

my friend started to have a mental breakdown and was diagnosed with bipolar but that didnt stop her trying to overdose too,

me and her family found out it was all down to brighthouse because she didnt have the laptop to give back or the money to pay them,

this has really taken a toll on her and she cant cope and is very unwell,

she doesnt want to avoid the debt she just cant afford the £50 per month

is there anything i can do to make brighthouse accept a reasonable amount every month

this problem has caused my friend to have a breakdown and im actually really scared for her.

Edited by silverfox1961
removed slightly offensive word

Hi and welcome to CAG

There are many here who will see your post and offer help.

My immediate thoughts are to stay off the phone to them and deal with this in writing and to their head office, not the shop.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This is their head ofice address

5 HERCULES WAY

LEAVESDEN

WATFORD

UNITED KINGDOM

WD25 7GS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

i was hoping to get more response but i could try that but from what ive heard they dont listen to reason she's in a right mess over this and doesnt know which way to turn she's even staying with me so they dont find her as anymore stress would almost certainly tip her over the edge

Hi Vivalamb,

It sounds like an awful situation and your friend has every sympathy.

Can I just ask - when your friend took out the agreement for the laptop, did she sign up for the Optional Service Cover (OSC) as part of the agreement?

It may not be what your friend wants to hear but she has, in fact, signed a legal contract for this laptop and avoiding it is simply not the answer. If she did take out the OSC then she can return the laptop and not have the worry of the financial side of things. It's not perfect, but instead of dealing with the worry it is an option.

I hope she manages to sort something out.

Kind Regards,

Eagle Eyed

• 1 month later...

she shoudl get a letter from the doctor explaining what she has and how it came about, then write a letter to head office including a copy of the letter, explainign the situation and you would like to set up a new agreement for less money each month