Nationwide Credit Card debt with Fredrickson Int Ltd and Bryan Carter

bohomiz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Flowerchild

Thank you for your reply.

I did acknowledge the debt to first Westcott who had the debt and then to Fredrickson within the last 5 years but I haven't made any payments towards the debt itself.

how did you ack the debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Limitations ''Act'' for Scotland is that if

there has been no payment or acknowledgment

of a debt for 5 clear years the debt is statute

barred but unlike the act in England DEBTS in

Scotland are extinguished.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello DX

Thank you for replying to my message and for your very informative help.

Although I have not paid any money towards this debt since 2005,

I did write to Nationwide themselves, the last time in October 2006, explaining that I could not pay the debt.

Then in January and May 2009 I replied to Westcot Credit Services in Hull explaining that I could not afford to pay the debt.

This was the first correspondence I had from a DCA in regards to this debt since my communication with Nationwide in October 2006.

I heard nothing again in regards to this debt until Fredrickson wrote to me in June/July 2010 and I started paying.

Have I, in error, claimed this debt by writing to both Nationwide and Westcot Credit Services?

A friend used to work for Lloyds bank and he worked for a while with debt recovery and explained to me how it worked,

which is why I stopped paying Fredrickson.

He said that Nationwide had probably written the debt off but Fredrickson have picked up the tab so to speak and are asking me for the money.

According to my friend whatever Fredrickson recover in regards to this debt they keep approximately 70% of it. I do not know if his information is correct.

I've just telephoned Nationwide (open on a Sunday) and they cannot help me and have asked to write to their head office

and an administration department who may be able to help me, so I'm writing to them this afternoon and will post 1st class recorded.

I thank you very much for your valued input with this situation and if you can assist me further I will be very grateful to you.

I'm online for the whole day until I can get this situation sorted out in some way.

With kind regards.

Bohomiz.

how did you ack the debt?

dx

I acknowledged the debt in writing. I still have my letters on computer and I think I still have the letters from Westcot Credit Services from Jan and May 09. I never telephoned a DCA until I got Fredricksons letter last June/July 10.

Pos29 acknowledged in writing.

Who shaows as owner of the debt

on your credit files?:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Pos29 acknowledged in writing.

Who shaows as owner of the debt

on your credit files?:madgrin:

If you mean on a credit reference agency such as Credit Expert (who I registered with) the debt isn't listed. The only outstanding debt I have showing on my credit file with Credit Expert is my current credit card which I pay off every month.

What do the letters state is it that Freds are

collecting on behalf of NW (their client) or does

it show another company name.??

What do the letters state is it that Freds are

collecting on behalf of NW (their client) or does

it show another company name.??

It shows as OUR CLIENT: ARROW GLOBAL LIMITED. I have no idea who they are.

They are asscociates of Freds, in the cass you need

to find out who the original creditor was,send the prove

it letter as suggested and add that you are aware the A|rrow G

are a debt purcase comnpany you require thew name of the

company they bought the debt from.

• 5 months later...

To all interested parties

Sorry this is long but I haven’t been here since December2011.

In reply to my last post on this forum I wrote back toFredrickson International Limited via their Persimmon House address supplied bysomeone on this site in December 2011.

My letter was as follows:

“I write in response to yourletter dated 22 November 2011 and received by me on 25 November 2011, it’scontents duly noted.

I am aware that Arrow GroupLimited are a debt purchasing company and I require the name of the originalcreditor/company who they purchased the debt from.

I have had enough of FredricksonInternational Limited’s bullying tactics so I am currently having this situation looked into by financial professions

and until I receive a responsefrom them in regards to this situation I am not paying Fredrickson InternationalLimited any more money.

Yours faithfully”

I enclosed with the letter two additional letters I had written to Nationwide Building Society in Swindon and Northampton for information on this particular account

and two website downloads:

one print off was about Fredrickson International Limited and what to do if you are‘approached’ by them;

the second print off was about Statute Barred. The letter was sent recorded delivery and todate I have not received a reply.

I also wrote to Nationwide in both Swindon and Northamptonin regards to this account at the same time (again both letters were sentrecorded delivery)

and I have recently received a reply from Nationwide Swindonand

I have to forward £10.00 for access to any files they have on me an this account.

However, the following week without fail I received a letterfrom Fredrickson International Limited with enclosure of the following:

“LETTER BEFORE ACTION

THIS DEBT MUST BE PAID IN FULL TOTHESE OFFICES WITHIN THE NEXT 7 DAYS OTHERWISE WE WILL TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION.

There remains a balanceoutstanding on the account and legal action is now being considered.

Should it be necessary to issue proceedingsin the County Court (or the Sheriff Court as may be appropriate),

further additionalcosts will be added to the balance outstanding.

Outstanding Balance to pay now £1302.42

Interest £ 104.19

Court Fees £ 65.00

Solicitor Costs £ 80.00

New Balance if proceedings are issued £1551.61

If a Judgment or Decree remainsunsatisfied a bailiff or sheriff officermaybe instructed to recover assets to discharge the outstanding

debt. Judgment debts are registered by theCourt. A Judgement debt or Decreeagainst you would seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

PAYMENT CAN BE ACCEPTED BY MAESTRO, DELTA, CHEQUE AND IN SOME INSTANCESCREDIT CARD.”

I replied to this letter with thefollowing:

“LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account Number:

Customer Details:

I write in response to yourletter dated 30 November 2011 and received by me on 2 December 2011, it’scontents duly noted.

Please find enclosed a copy of aletter sent to Fredrickson International Limited, Persimmon House, De HavillandDrive, Brooklands Business Park, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0NT on 28 November2011 and posted 2nd class recorded delivery. I enclose a copy of the post office receiptwith the recorded delivery barcode number.

I have enclosed everythingwith this letter that I sent to Fredrickson International Limited at the aboveaddress, which I am sure you will find self explanatory because I am not doingthis for you.

I have had enough of FredricksonInternational Limited’s bullying and threatening tactics and have beenreceiving assistance from the consumer action group website in regards to thissituation. I am well within my rights tohave this situation investigated to its fullest and it is currently beinglooked into by financial professionals. Until I receive a response from them, and from Nationwide BuildingSociety, in regards to this matter I am not paying Fredrickson InternationalLimited any more money.

If I receive another threateningletter from Fredrickson International Limited in regards to the above I willseek legal advice.”

This letter, along with copies ofthe same enclosures I sent to Fredrickson International Limited at thePersimmon House address, including the post office receipts, was sent recordeddelivery.

On 9 December I received a letterfrom Fredrickson International Limited with the following:

“We thank you for your recentcommunication and note the position.

Weconfirm that we have placed the account on hold for a period of 30 days andlook forward to hearing from you further.

Yours sincerely”

I have not heard from FredricksonInternational Limited since.

In regards to my mentioning thiswebsite there is no proof either way I have been receiving advice from the goodpeople on here

so could be a bluff on my part, only they don’t know either way.

Can someone please tell me if Ihave done right or wrong here.

I gavemyself 30 days but intend to keep Fredrickson International Limited at bay bybeing upfront with any and all correspondence.

They don’t deserve it I know but this is mainly for my peace of mind.

If I am in the wrong here inregards to this debt then I will pay, but if not then I won’t let these muppetsthink they can walk all over me.

Iintend to get to the bottom of this matter one way or another.

i just wanted to keep all thosegood people who have assisted me in the past in the loop as it were.

Thank you all again.

Bohomiz.

UPDATE: 9 MAY 2012

I collected the information frommy local Nationwide Building Society yesterday and

I have been through what Ihave been given,

which is mainly statements from 2008 to 2012 (and incomplete) andletters from both sides.

According totheir records that they sent to me the last letter I wrote to them was on 9October 2006

and the last letter Nationwide sent to me was dated 29 December2008

when by that time I had moved out of the address they had on their recordsfor me.

Letters sent to that addresswere returned to them.

They have issuedme with updates on the account of when they sold the debt to two agencies:

Westcott and Fredrickson’s.

To be honestI don’t understand what they have issued me but there is nothing in the filesthat states the account is Statute Barred.

Where would I obtain that further information from?

Also, I have today re-registered with aCredit Expert and the debt is still not on my file.

Any help will be gratefullyreceived.

Thanking you in advance.

Bohomiz

so

do the payments you made show on the statements from natonwide?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello DX

Thank you for replying.

After looking through these statements there is no record of any payments being made to the account (Payments and Credits to your Account £0.00) and is still showing a debit balance of the original amount even though I have paid FIL £300.00.

and when is the last statement dated too?

in other words.

ets be SURE they do not show

then time to ask the fleecers..

WHERE IS MY MONEY

here are my satements

yuo have not paid it off the debt!

see you in court

i gve you 14 days to refund my money.

dx

and they

The last statement date is for 28 March 2012 with a payment due date of 12 April 2012. No sign of any payments made to the account on behalf of FIL.

Should I contact Nationwide again and ask if the account is Statute Barred or visit CAB?

Who actually now owns this debt??

Freds?

NW?

AN other?

Hello Brigadier and thank you for writing.

On the letters from FIL it states Arrow Global. One of the letters I wrote to FIL requested who the debt was sold to but I have not received a reply to that question.

As for my CRA (Credit Reference Agency) there is no mention of the debt on it. I re-registered with Credit Expert today and it is not showing on there).

OK the statments you have are from NW??

Arrow now own the debt.

When exactly was the last payment made to

any one?

Back to DXs advice ''where's my money.

Seriously?

Should I go to CAB first?

If not what do I do next?

Write to FIL sending them copies of the statements since July 2010 stating that no payments are showing on that account and giving them 14 days to pay me back my £300

or I will take them to court?

Does CAG have a template letter for this per chance?

Do you think that is why they backed off at Christmas and have not written to me since due to the content of my letter at the time

(including internet printouts of information about them and Statute Barred

(the girl in the Nationwide Building Society yesterday did not know what Statute Barred meant

and when I explained it to her she said that I should stay pay the debt because letters have still be sent to me even though I had moved and had given no address)).