Comets Total Product Cover - Unacceptable timescale

agc03728
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased a Samsung LCD back in 2008 and also paid £199.99 of my hard earned cash for a peace of mind known as their Total Product Cover. Anyway to cut the story short the TV went faulty on 31/08/2011 and I immediately registered this with Comet who sent an engineer round on the 5/09/2011. Upon inspection he advised I would need a new LCD screen which he ordered and advised 10 days. Up until now as I type this post nothing has been done and upon numerous calls to Comet I get advised parts are on order. Surely it doesn't take 35 days for a part to arrive !!

Anyway have logged a complaint with their 'Investigations Dept' last Friday which I have chased up today and I will be getting a phone call today. If they turn around and advise me again parts on order I will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman. Anyone help me please because it should not take more than 28 days for a repair. To be honest should have gone to Currys because their after sales care has been spot on for me on my 3 purchases all purchased in 2008.

Had a call from estate agents today to say offer been accepted on my new property so when I move in 6-8 weeks all my home appliances for the new home will definately be purchased from Currys.

Wow the quickest response ever, after one email and one phone call today, just got a call back advising they will write the TV off and I should get a call back within 48 hrs from their replacement team. I wonder what they have to offer ?

wow 1 hour and 15 mins later you look like you've got it all sorted.

I personally find extra cover a rip off. Your consumer rights state you have recourse if something goes wrong, and it's generally arguable that the product should last 6 years, and the retailer is still responsible.

Anyway, find your model number online, find all the "features" and check that the replacement offers all of these.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar