Comet Complaint

Dadford
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just emailed the MD regarding a TV taken back to store under warranty. It has been a month and a day and they say they have no ETA on the parts, but as they couldn't find the job sheet I don't have any faith they will repair it even if they find it. I don't want it back.

Usually in need of some help

:roll:

Now it has it's own thread, I'll add the background.

I returned a 14” LCD TV to Comet Merry Hill on the 25th August with a fault. It was Within the warranty.

They said they would not replace but repair and it would be sent away for this. I was told it would take approximately 2 weeks. The date I was given was 7th September.

On the 5th I was contacted and told the parts had not arrived and it would be a further 2 weeks with a new date of the 15th September.

On the 13th I was once again contacted and told the parts had not arrived and a new date of 24th September was given.

This time I was not contacted prior to this date so expected the TV to have been repaired. I went to the store on the 24th, and was told they didn’t have my TV and would not have a delivery that day. They couldn’t even find the job sheet and had to copy my copy.

Today I was called to say no eta could be given on the parts.

I had previously written to them and spoke to the head office requesting either a replacement unit of full refund. They will not do this. I do not have any faith the TV will actually be repaired even if they can find it.

I’m not being unreasonable after 1month, many broken promises and being made a fool of going into the store to be told it wasn’t there because no one had the courtesy to contact me.

Had a call from Comet to say I can have exchange to the same value. Now, with the VAT increase it may be there isn't one of the same value.

Should I be expected to add money to it? Plus, how about the journey i had to make to the store when they didn't call to let me know the TV wasn't there?

I have had a response to the email to the MD, just saying they are looking into it and it could take 3 days. I may wait for this before going to store and seeing what replacement I can get.

They really don't know what they are doing. On the same day as they call and give me a code to take in store and collect a tv, they call and say will a sunday delivery be ok for the tv they have decided to give as the replacement. I'm in 2 minds as to take both!! Anyway, they did deliver one, on Sunday. The driver called me as promised to say they are about an hour away, at 1:50pm. 4.50pm they turn up. No delivery note, and box open. I accepted the item, and it works, but think i need to get a delivery note/warranty date sorted.

• 1 month later...

They are so stupid aren't they.

I have been contacted twice by them now asking why I haven't returned the old TV and when will I do so. This, the TV they took from me in store and never returned.

Can anyone help them?

• 5 months later...